Belated hello!

Mujician

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi - I managed to miss this part of the forum - I joined about a month ago, already made a few posts.

Anyway - me and martial arts:
My brother tried Karate (Karate was the only martial art we knew about because the karate kid movie with Pat Morita) and he didn't like it - not sure what the problem was. I told my parents i wanted to try. They found me a club to go to. A Higashi organisation. I stuck it out for a while but I didn't like it because the instructors were too strict for me. The older kids seemed to get on better with the adults, other instructors, but not me for some reason. I asked my dad if there was another club i could attend as I wasn't happy.
Eventually I started going to a new instructor - not sure where the wires got crossed, but my dad still thought it was higashi, but it was a Wado-Ryu Instructor. Up to the age of 15 i trained with this guy. In all fairness, I loved it. I graded to 1st Dan, but it was a McDojo. We were only taught Pinan katas 1-5. The rest of the techniques were pretty sound.
I stopped going here when I was 15 as other things took a precedence. All these 20 years Ive had a yearning to do more martial arts, so now my life has settled a bit more now I went to my first wado-ryu class (not a mcdojo - I've seen the syllabus!) just 2 weeks ago. Loving it!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bro.

Latest Discussions