New Poomse

J

JanneM

I would like to see new WTF DVD set in near future that is one to one with Kukkiwon. (It does not matter to me wich one of the organisations makes their adjustments or if bolth)

I think that differences between WTF standards and Kukkiwon standards are so smalla that major problems should not accure. Eaven so I think that accuarcy in matters as these would be best policy from WTF and Kukkiwon.

J

JanneM

bobster_ice said:
I think modern Tae Kwon Do should be scrapped and traditional brought back into style.
How far back in tradition you would like to go?

To shotokan karate? To Itosu line Shorin ryyu karate?? Eaven further???

Taekwondo is so young sport and martial art that it is evolving all the time.

Practising taekwondo as told by Kukkiwon today is traditional and correct taekwondo. I think we should not add or take anything out of it.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JanneM you have to remember that Bobster is 14. I really believe he is trying to be liked by everyone. How far back can a 14 year old go with less than a year of training, I doubt he even knows about the roots of TKD.

Now on to your comment
Taekwondo is so young sport and martial art that it is evolving all the time.

Yes realitivity it is a young Art form with roots as far back as any Art, the sport as all but runied the Art portion, people most believe they are learning Self Defense though there sport clubs, at best they are learning 8-10 ateps moves, that if they try would get them hurt in the street.

I do not see why the Kukkiwon needs to adapt for the WTF, WTF is sport and Kukkiwon is still the Art for the most part. So the WTF needs to get abroad with the Kukkiwon, not the other way around just for the record.
Terry

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bobster_ice said:
I forgot to ask, what is the red rectangle underneath the amount of posts I have posted

That's a question for the Support or FAQ forum. It's already been addressed and you'll find your answer there.

JanneM said:
Practising taekwondo as told by Kukkiwon today is traditional and correct taekwondo.

Terry, I may be misreading it, but I think you guys are saying the same thing here. No?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
That's a question for the Support or FAQ forum. It's already been addressed and you'll find your answer there.

Terry, I may be misreading it, but I think you guys are saying the same thing here. No?

Yes he is Thank you Gemini.:asian:
Terry

allpet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I know the Kukkiwon is considering a new set of poomse
Hong, Chong Soo was working on new poomse when he died in 1999. Why nothing has happened sinde then is anybody's guess. May be they don't have any 10. dan left to run the process? :idunno:

Latest Discussions