GM Ed Sell

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been to three seminars with GM Sell.

GM Sell is a very traditional instructor. He and his lovely wife are very talented and enthusiastic when they teach. In my (albeit limited) experience, GM Sell taught basics and combinations, GM Brenda Sell taught poomsae. They were both pretty patient when going over material and wanted the students to "get it."

They are both ordained ministers and even in their TKD presentations, there is a certain amount of religion which comes through. As long as you are okay with that, you will have no problems with the material being taught.

Hope this helps!

Miles

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miles said:
I've been to three seminars with GM Sell.

GM Sell is a very traditional instructor. He and his lovely wife are very talented and enthusiastic when they teach. In my (albeit limited) experience, GM Sell taught basics and combinations, GM Brenda Sell taught poomsae. They were both pretty patient when going over material and wanted the students to "get it."

They are both ordained ministers and even in their TKD presentations, there is a certain amount of religion which comes through. As long as you are okay with that, you will have no problems with the material being taught.

Hope this helps!

Miles

I appreciate your response, Miles. I've heard a lot of good things about him, but wanted to talk to some folks that had trained under him. So far, there's a consistent theme of, "he's a good guy & good instructor."

I've spoken to him on the phone & he seemed like a nice guy. I'm glad you shared both parts with me.

Thanks.

aplonis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Edward Bud Sell today except that he seems widely respected. I remember being very impressed with both him and his wife of that time, Hyong Suk Sell.

In all the literature of that early period Edward Bud and Hyong Suk Sell were listed as co-founders of the organization he now runs with his current wife Brenda.

But their "official" history blatantly omits any mention whatsoever of Hyong Suk Sell. Someone told me that he had the marriage annulled and that she was eventually deported.

I remember that my instructor of that time, Kent Bole, thought of Hyong Suk as the better practitioner. When they split up, Kent moved our class out of the USCDK and into Monte Beghtol's Western Michigan Tae Kwon Do. And just about that time I joined the Navy for four years and lost track of events.

But I always wondered whatever happend to Hyong Suk Sell. Who might know?

Latest Discussions