Need a little help finding my place :)

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hey... so this is mainly a question for those who live in or around portland Oregon. Ok so my husband and I recently moved out here, money got tight and so i never botherd to find a new school. Well i am ready to start looking again and need some help. I would like to stick with TKD (thats why im posting it here) but im open to any suggestions, any art and i have no problem starting over again. Sooo to all you Portland people, where do you try, why and if you dont mind sharing how much do you pay a month :)ANy art any style and any varation is fine i am just looking to find a new home, whatever fits me :) I plan on taking the suggestions and calling around and dropping in for a visit to see what works best for me, both training, fitness, and cost wise :)

Oh btw i live in Troutdale, so it doesnt have to be in portland ... just the general area :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would differently go train with Wae if you are in portland area, here is his e-mail [email protected]. Please check with him he is agreat guy and a great teacher.

OP
BrandiJo

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i will be in contact with him as soon as i re figure out how much i can afford a month :( I had it figured out yesterday ... but nooo nothing ever stays figured out for long here lol.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's easy to figure out.

1. How much money do you have?

2. Give it to me.

It's not a rocket science, just basic economics.

TX_BB

Purple Belt
Reaction score
BrandiJo,

You may want to check into Mount Hood Community College I believe Nelson DeJesus instructs there. On 118th and ? Gleason, Choi's (chay's) and off the Bannefield (I-84) and the Hollywood exit, Westcoast TKD (Master Dan Diwakar). All these TKD instructors are really solid and offer different programs for their students visit them all and see which one fits you.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, they are all great instructors. BrandiJo, I think you would do well with any of them. BTW, Master Diwakar will be at the tournament on Saturday and Nelson will be at the one on 19 April, also held in Portland. Unfortunately they are in opposing camps and do not support each others tournaments. I would be happy to introduce you to both of them.

OP
BrandiJo

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I agree, they are all great instructors. BrandiJo, I think you would do well with any of them. BTW, Master Diwakar will be at the tournament on Saturday and Nelson will be at the one on 19 April, also held in Portland. Unfortunately they are in opposing camps and do not support each others tournaments. I would be happy to introduce you to both of them.

That would help me out so much thank you all :)

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
40 miles, one way, right through the middle of rush hour traffic. I least 90 minutes, at that time of day, away. I wouldn't do it.

I have contacted a friend of mine, a young female KKW 4th Dan who lives fairly close to you, I think. She will be at the tournament also and I will introduce you to her. She is a national level forms competitor, has good sparring skills and is an excellent coach.

OP
BrandiJo

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wade thank you for being so helpful, i cant wait to meet you Saturday and i will pry drag my husband along, as i am directionally challenged :D

Latest Discussions