Hi from Oregon

FuriousGeorge

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself...I'm a new member from Portland Oregon. I am a biology student interested primarily in holistic and integrative medicine. I am currently involved in applying for graduate school at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine where i hope to study accupuncture. I have tons of interests, though my favorite subjects are science (primarily biology, but all subjects interest me), metaphysics, spirituality and, of course, the martial arts.

When it comes to the martial arts, I am of the opinion that all styles and philosophies have something to offer, and that one should not be bound by dogmatic stylistic principles. Ultimately a martial artist should encorporate those techniques which s/he can perform effectively, always striving for a complete, effective "game." In Portland I train at Straight Blast Gym under Matt Thornton in BJJ and kickboxing with an MMA sort of bend, but I also have experience with aikido and karate.

As you'll likely all find out soon, I am fairly outspoken and opinionated and I love to argue. So if you find yourself enguaging in an argument with me, its nothing personal, I just can't help myself sometimes :) Anyway, thats me in a big fat nutshell (oh yeah, I can be long winded too) shoot me a PM anytime for any reason, I love to meet new people.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome - sounds like you bring a lot to the board - happy posting!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!:ultracool

Mike

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm a new guy too, I agree with what you said about learning from all philosophies.... Don't worry, you're not the only one around here who argues fast and furious. Anyway, welcome!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :) I like your username; reminds me of those childhood books of a certain monkey belonging to a man with a yellow hat. ;)