My first competition

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bydand said:
Quick note. Long ago my shooting coach was having a hard time getting a students grip consistant (that would be me). He finally told me to grip the rifle like I would a rattlesnake, firm enough so I wouldn't drop it, but light enough so I wouldn't hurt it either. Fixed it in a heartbeat and it has stuck with me for all these years. The grip improved my scores better than ANY other fix I ever did (other than practice, practice, practice!!)

Scott G.

Well...umm...I have never actually seen a real rattle snake, nevermind actually have to grab one, LOL, but I think I get your point. :)

Right now I have a large sized grip that came with the gun. I have asked the supplier to change it out and send me a medium grip because I find the large one fills my hand too much and my grip isn't consistent.

Thanks for the advice.
Lisa

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
I WON GOLD!!!!! :D

Okay...so...I was the only marksman woman, LOL!

The weekend was fantastic! 194 shooters from USA, Canada, Japan and Australia, plus coaches.

I did decent considering I was fighting jittery nerves during the first match. I shot a 291/400 which is lower then my personal best. My second match was much better at 315/400 which matched my personal best.

So, once again, thanks everyone for your support. I can't wait until next year! :D

Great Job! :)

Aren't you glad that your a participant now and no longer a spectator? I bet by next year, you will be even more incredible! The concentration you gain in your marksmanship training probably carries over to your MA.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ain't she a peach?

Lisa, you rock and you know you do. When we talk and you start talking about shooting you get excited and I love being your friend and I'm so darn happy for you!!

Even if no one else in the division showed up, you have a nice little ditty for your collection and I'm sure you'll win many, many more.

*Points to Lisa* Ain't she great?? :boing1:

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I should change this title to "My shooting matches" :D

Had a competition this weekend. Shot 341/400 which is a 16 point climb on my personal best.

The best news however, is my little daughter who shot a 375/400 increasingher personal best by 20 points! Taking 1st lady and 2nd overall! WHOOT! She was so pumped when she came off the line and has continued to have a smile on her face for the past couple of days. She has been walking around the house blurting out "I shot 375!" over and over again with a big grin on her face!

:partyon:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOO HOO LISA AND DAUGHTER!!
:partyon::partyon::partyon:

Latest Discussions