Multiple opponenets

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bullcrap. I absolutely guarantee I can stop a bullet! I just can't do it TWICE.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

You count as semi-solid cover, because plenty of rounds will likely go right through you.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is what the tux is for. Long as they avoid the face I am good.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gun or not, I'm not afraid of any human. I believe its foolish to fear any man, vs. the god who created them. That's not an issue, however, your point is one to consider... If my life is being threatened by multiple guys then I have no choice but to cripple and/or kill them before my life is taken. I know how to use a gun and all but I dont want to have to do that. Realistically, the guy that gets beaten up usually retaliates later on with a bullet. Even still, I see no reason to carry one at the time, so I choose to work with what I have. Its not like im out engaging in violent activities, im not looking for trouble, but trouble finds us. I just want to take my training to the next level, thats all... Maybe do things someone else has never been able to do.

Have any of you heard of Kuk Sool Won??? IF so do u mind shedding light on what type of system it is exactly??? ITs a gym close by, may look into that.

If "trouble finds you"... maybe you need to rethink where you're going. Interpersonal violence happens at times and in places. If you find yourself going to places where violence routinely happens -- why? I get paid to do that. On my own time? Not so often, without a damn good reason. I don't go to bars, especially if they've got a rep for having fights break out. I'm not afraid to go to some parts of the area -- but I don't go into them with my head anally inserted or otherwise without recognizing and preparing for the risks.

If it's not the places you're going -- it's something you're doing. For example, see HERE for an account of someone innocently crossing boundaries. Do that in the wrong neighborhood, and you're not just going to dealing with someone who won't leave -- you'll be jumped. See this post, for example. If violence keeps finding you -- what signals are you sending? Are you sending a message that you're vulnerable prey? Or challenging everyone who you meet? In short -- are you somehow inviting or triggering the problem?

Please, understand, that none of this is meant to be about race. (OK; sometimes it might be when we get to discussing certain neighborhoods. But that could be ethnicity as much as race. And it's still really all about being in the wrong place with the wrong attitude.) I'm white -- but I have some very good friends who aren't, and I've seen them be the targets of discrimination. I know it's out there, and I'm NOT defending that, or suggesting that anyone should be victimized based on their race/ethnicity. I include this paragraph only because of your own post further back in the thread about the bar.

Last edited:
OP
tkizzle05

tkizzle05

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if my OP was titled "What type of gun should I buy?" Would there still be moral comments or simple answers that point me in the direction needed. I appreciate all of the comments as I said before, but I'm not a child, in fact I'm a man with insight... Re-read my posts, I simply gave a scenario of what happened to me once. I don't go out, I don't go to bars, I already stated we ordered wings over the phone, I simply went there to pick them up. I go to school, train, and work, that's it. When I go out i mind my business, IDK what kind of signal that sends nor do I care, someone can talk ignorant all they want about me as long as they don't invade my personal space. Sure I may get mad, I may even want to do something about it, but I found that being PROACTIVE is far superior to being REACTIVE.

I thought the replies would be something like: "This style focuses on ki energy." or "The system u may want to try is such n such because they put an emphasis on power"

Those were simple responses, however you guys responding in such elaborate ways is showing concern. I appreciate that, in fact I love it. I could have been a wounded human seeking vengeance or looking to ease my pain through violence, and im going to presume that this is what u guys were carefully considering while replying. Nice. :)

I'm in fact a guy in the army looking to go to the next level, being better equipped to protect my family. I've been training for a while now and I simply want to add the spice to the spice to the meat o_O. Maybe I dont need to learn a new system, maybe I can just learn a few techniques and hone them, that would be much appreciated. Once again appreciate the comments.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought the replies would be something like: "This style focuses on ki energy." or "The system u may want to try is such n such because they put an emphasis on power".
OK. If you are genuine in developing Ki then you might find it by training Aikido. A couple of points. Aikido is a great art and will enhance other styles of MAs. Most Aikido schools say they use 'Ki' but actually really don't, at least not in a practical way. If you want to learn Ki then you must ask for a practical demonstration of using Ki against your maximum resistance in a way that will not cause injury to you if they are just using strength and/or speed. Then be prepared to spend many years developing Ki. My instructor told me to look at this way. Each time you train is like putting one grain of sand in a bucket. When your bucket is full you should be able to demonstrate Ki.

If you want something in a hurry to cope with multiple attackers then look at Krav Maga. :asian:

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't own a gun, because I have kids and u never know what can happens with something like that in your home.
I know. I have complete control of my firearms at all times. If they are not actually on my person, they are under lock-n-key in my safe. Control and education are the watchwords here.

Do you have knives in your home? Same sort of things can happen with a knife. Matches? Cleaning chemicals? Take the same sort of precautions. Keep them out of access of little hands until those hands are old enough and TRAINED enough to be trusted with them. Demystify.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder if my OP was titled "What type of gun should I buy?" Would there still be moral comments or simple answers that point me in the direction needed.
Probably both. This forum is filled with people.

Yeah, that's where the sentence ends. "People." We all have different opinions of what's moral and what's acceptable in what situations. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if my OP was titled "What type of gun should I buy?" Would there still be moral comments or simple answers that point me in the direction needed. I appreciate all of the comments as I said before, but I'm not a child, in fact I'm a man with insight... Re-read my posts, I simply gave a scenario of what happened to me once. I don't go out, I don't go to bars, I already stated we ordered wings over the phone, I simply went there to pick them up. I go to school, train, and work, that's it. When I go out i mind my business, IDK what kind of signal that sends nor do I care, someone can talk ignorant all they want about me as long as they don't invade my personal space. Sure I may get mad, I may even want to do something about it, but I found that being PROACTIVE is far superior to being REACTIVE.

I thought the replies would be something like: "This style focuses on ki energy." or "The system u may want to try is such n such because they put an emphasis on power"

Those were simple responses, however you guys responding in such elaborate ways is showing concern. I appreciate that, in fact I love it. I could have been a wounded human seeking vengeance or looking to ease my pain through violence, and im going to presume that this is what u guys were carefully considering while replying. Nice. :)

I'm in fact a guy in the army looking to go to the next level, being better equipped to protect my family. I've been training for a while now and I simply want to add the spice to the spice to the meat o_O. Maybe I dont need to learn a new system, maybe I can just learn a few techniques and hone them, that would be much appreciated. Once again appreciate the comments.

You asked a question, I gave an answer. There are no shortcuts, so if you're looking for a 1 size fits all solution, you're not going to find one. For example...Kenpo has multiple opponent defense, BJJ does not. BJJ however, is much more suitable for dealing with ground defense. BJJ has great ground defense, but lacks in the weapon defense area, yet the FMAs would be where I'd tell people who're looking for weapon defense, to go.

So you see, there really is no solution. Elaborate ways?? Umm...ok. Would giving a one word answer be better than an elaborate one? If you said, "I want to learn how to defend myself on the ground. What art should I do?" and all I said was BJJ, would you be fine with that? Or would you want to know why I said BJJ? Personally, if I ask a question on a forum, and someone gives an answer, for me, I like to know why they're giving that answer.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You asked a question, I gave an answer. There are no shortcuts, so if you're looking for a 1 size fits all solution, you're not going to find one. For example...Kenpo has multiple opponent defense, BJJ does not. BJJ however, is much more suitable for dealing with ground defense. BJJ has great ground defense, but lacks in the weapon defense area, yet the FMAs would be where I'd tell people who're looking for weapon defense, to go.

So you see, there really is no solution. Elaborate ways?? Umm...ok. Would giving a one word answer be better than an elaborate one? If you said, "I want to learn how to defend myself on the ground. What art should I do?" and all I said was BJJ, would you be fine with that? Or would you want to know why I said BJJ? Personally, if I ask a question on a forum, and someone gives an answer, for me, I like to know why they're giving that answer.
And yet even those rules are anything but hard-n-fast. I have an acquaintance who used BJJ to deal with 2 attackers just fine. Single-legged the first who took a long time to get back up from the asphalt and then took the second to the ground and subbed him.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions