How to Kill - Pressure Points in Unarmed Combat

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killing is OK in some circumstances. Yes you can learn it from a video.
Sean

Again, its OK to kill bad guys.
Sean

If the situation warrants it, but I'd make damn sure that it did, and even then, I think unless it was an extreme situation, it would be best to think twice about that.

As for learning from a tape...well if thats how you want to learn, knock your socks off. I'll go the better route and learn from a live teacher. :) Like I said, I don't need a tape, put out by some former SEAL, to show me some 'secret' killing moves. I think that Kenpo can give you that and then some. ;) Besides, if that is all someone is interested in, why not just go out and buy a gun?

Mike

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
ok, first the military does not use any lethal techniques that a lot of arts do not basically teach remarkably early on, and 2 even owning that tape/dvd could be a real liability if you ever were in even a minor altercation. A DA or prosecuting atturny in a civil suit for injury will make you look like a wack job for even owning it.
2nd, you would be well advised to go and check with a good lawyer about the self defense laws in your state and or country as well as making sure you really realize what a difficult thing it is to take a life and the guilt and other ramifications that fallow.
this is not to say there is not a time you may not have to make that choice, but please go find out all the consequences of that choice.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1st – Killing - BAD, very bad - DON'T KILL OR TRY AND KILL ANYONE!!!

2nd – Learning pressure points from a video – Not Possible

3rd – Learning Qi or Ki form a Video – Not recommended

Find a legitimate teacher and don’t kill anybody.

What he said.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is NEVER "ok" to kill someone, there may come a time when it comes down to it and you may have to resort to it, but even then its never "ok." Have you ever taken a life Sean? Do you know how it feels or what you experience after? I have while serving my country, and it is NOT "ok." No matter how justified you are and what the situation was even if your right in using deadly force, you never forget what you did and it does haunt you. I tell myself every day that it was them or us, and in my head I know we were right and did what we had to, but in my heart and maybe even my soul, I am still pained at the loss of life.
I was not in combat but I served during wartime; so, yes, it was OK to take life. No, I have never been put in that circumstance (actually I have but it died down) and yes it is OK, You have the green light to defend your self, your country, or your family in the right circumstances. Believing it is not OK would cause some serious hesitations, and that is, of course, a matter of spiritual fitness.
Sean

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think this is all covered in "Kill Bill Vol. 2". The old man with the white hair teaches it to Uma Thurman, who then procedes to look really hot for the rest of the movie before using the death strike on Kwai Chang Cane for not wearing a hat (or something).

:D

Sanchin-J

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think your missing the key element here and that is your own humanity. Sure people can tell you its "ok" to kill, but is it really? Should we as human beings adopt the thought process of "Its no big deal" or "think nothing of it" as a general way of thinking? That seems to be what Dictators around the world have done, and look what it has lead to? Genocide? Mass graves hidden around their country, innocent people killed to make a political statement?

Losing touch with your humanity makes you no better than the person trying to kill you, you essentially become the monster. It is NEVER "ok" to kill someone, does this mean you shouldn't? It depends upon the situation obviously, if your faced with no other options then to either lose your life or take someone else's then by all means, do what you have to do. But to dismiss the value of a human life so non-chalantly is not only disturbing but indecent.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think this is all covered in "Kill Bill Vol. 2". The old man with the white hair teaches it to Uma Thurman, who then procedes to look really hot for the rest of the movie before using the death strike on Kwai Chang Cane for not wearing a hat (or something).

:lol: I think that laugh was needed right about now in this post.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, while I have enjoyed the responses on this thread, I think we've all been had. This is the poster's one and only post, and he hasn't bothered to follow up in a long thread. Despite the seemingly negative language of the post, it could easily be viewed as a positive by certain types. I think this is an under-the-radar spam/advertisement job, and we are all playing into it by keeping the thread alive. Unfortunately.

Sanchin-J

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You know, while I have enjoyed the responses on this thread, I think we've all been had. This is the poster's one and only post, and he hasn't bothered to follow up in a long thread. Despite the seemingly negative language of the post, it could easily be viewed as a positive by certain types. I think this is an under-the-radar spam/advertisement job, and we are all playing into it by keeping the thread alive. Unfortunately.

You know, I think your right, I got so irritated over the dismissive attitude I perceived that I allowed myself to be sucked into this thread.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yes all you need to do is watch that over and over again especially the end when she does the exploding heart thing. That is all you need to learn, the rest is just full of ****.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
It kind of backfired, though -- we all dismissed the DVD.

Sure, we won't buy the DVD - but lots of people will see this thread, and a few will think "Just lethal killing techniques?!? Sign me up!" and click through.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perhaps he was practicing some of these moves with a friend and his gall bladder shot out of his nose.

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is the part of martial arts that really pisses me off. How could someone put out a DVD that teaches you how to kill? What kind of ignorant, irresponsible, money-hungry moron would make such knowledge freely available for such a small price? I know that it is probably crap anyways and what is taught on it is probably far from effective, but still, the thought of somebody even attempting to do something like this is just plain offensive. Then again, you can buy a gun from Wal-Mart too, so I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised. The OP probably found out about this product from an ad in black belt mag, too. I swear, the martial arts community can be so stupid at times!

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Selling out one's morals for money is hardly limited to the martial arts community I'm afraid.

*sigh* yeah, so true, so true. It goes beyond just martial arts, I guess that I particularly hate to see it in the martial arts. However, it is a painful reality.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
WHAT A WASTE OF ****IN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:asian:

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't just want to be a killing machine, I'm trying to learn about the military use of pressure points scientifically!!

:lfao::lfao::BSmeter::lfao::lfao:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think your missing the key element here and that is your own humanity. Sure people can tell you its "ok" to kill, but is it really? Should we as human beings adopt the thought process of "Its no big deal" or "think nothing of it" as a general way of thinking? That seems to be what Dictators around the world have done, and look what it has lead to? Genocide? Mass graves hidden around their country, innocent people killed to make a political statement?

Losing touch with your humanity makes you no better than the person trying to kill you, you essentially become the monster. It is NEVER "ok" to kill someone, does this mean you shouldn't? It depends upon the situation obviously, if your faced with no other options then to either lose your life or take someone else's then by all means, do what you have to do. But to dismiss the value of a human life so non-chalantly is not only disturbing but indecent.
You are arguing the semantics of the word "OK", but, in the end we are in agreement. Walk into a Marine bootcamp graduation and ask any one of them if killing is OK. You may not like the answer, but they keep you safe; so, you accept that they exist, and in fact think they are OK.
Sean

Latest Discussions