Multiple Attackers

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I agree.

Last weekend out with some younger friends, and lots of people back in town for the holidays, and people drinking. A couple of guys kepts bumping and pushing when there was plenty of room, as it was tables and chairs not that crowded.

I moved. I moved again. I asked them if I had upset them, or something. They said no.

Later, I just smiled at them and said, "Careful or one of these times you are going to swing your drink around and hit me in the head and knock me out and I might accidentially roll over on the ground and break your ankle." :)

One just walked away the other just started to laugh and said that is funny "Dude" and I do not want to break anything let alone an ankle.

Not the best way, but to most young males, who hear that I agree they will knock me out, they leave or join.

Rich thats pretty good :) . One of the things that I'v learned over the years is you have to use a certain tact when avoiding confrontations. You have to be able to read the person & let them know in a nice way that you don't want any trouble but, somtimes you can't be overly nice if you know what I mean, if they think your a pussover or scared your in trouble, but if you can be forcefull without embarrassing them in front of their friends they usually get the point. Speaking for myself, I will always walk away from any confrontation, especially multiple attacks. Why act stupid? Besides somone could accidently role over on the ground & break my ankle :) .

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Later, I just smiled at them and said, "Careful or one of these times you are going to swing your drink around and hit me in the head and knock me out and I might accidentially roll over on the ground and break your ankle." :)

Good one! :)

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
I would disagree. First of all, if you are trying to wrestle down a person, it would seem you don't have control of that person
Exactly my point. When someone else get's closer, better to let go of the person you don't have control of and deal with the closer person.

Of course, control is not generally an "all or nothing" propisitiojn either. You need to decide when the person you are "holding on to" is an asset; and when he's a liability.

If you tie yourself up with someone in a "real" fight like that, you are most likely going to take some damage and possibly lose your life.
Tie up like what?

If you truly have control of the person, then why would you not put the one you are about to throw away betwixt you and the agressive attacker and let him/her be a shield for you?
You generally try. But as I said, there are times when you would let go. Just because you want "true control" and just because you want to successfully stop someone else with him doesn't mean you get either.

At least that way the agressive person can attack (punch, stab, slice, or whatever) the shield and not you.
Or can hit you with the guy you are holding; or the guy you thought you had complete control of can drop and leave you stuck or tryign to drag 200lbs of dead weight while tryign to deal with someone stabbing at you.

PLUS, if you throw the attacker away, now you will most likely have to deal with that person again after you throw away the "more agressive" attacker.
This language is antithetical to what I said ("I don't know about "throw away", but there are definately times to let one go."). Did you actually read my post?

When your life is on the line, you really don't want to have to keep starting over.
Nor do you want to try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

EDIT: Not to sound gruesome, but even a dead attacker can be used as a shield.
Really? I have trouble moving 240lbs of dead weight in front of an attacker faster than he can move. Add that he can put his weight no my shield I don't find it viable to support 400+lbs of person while trying to fight.

Latest Discussions