Building A Spontaneous Reaction

I'm glad you are arguing against this stuff because I didn't even know where to start. The techs aren't tools of combat but tools to study and improve your motion with varried resistance. Searching your memory for the right tech out of 154 and spontenaity do not mix. You start with a plan of action and let the eight considerations of combat mold the tech. At that point you are taking care of the concerns of the moment and not picking an choosing between tech ideas. Proper motion is of higher concern than having a Quai Chang Cane moment at every instant for proper tech choice.
Sean

Touch Of Death said:
I'm glad you are arguing against this stuff because I didn't even know where to start. The techs aren't tools of combat but tools to study and improve your motion with varried resistance. Searching your memory for the right tech out of 154 and spontenaity do not mix. You start with a plan of action and let the eight considerations of combat mold the tech. At that point you are taking care of the concerns of the moment and not picking an choosing between tech ideas. Proper motion is of higher concern than having a Quai Chang Cane moment at every instant for proper tech choice.
Sean
I think you may have said it better than I. Techniques are "ideas" that when taught properly along with realistic attacks, will be absorbed into our unconcious with varied responses triggered by the external stimuli. If done properly, these responses should nullify the threat reasonably quickly, but remember "An untrained spontaneous response will always be the muscle memory the body knows best." - Ron Chapél

"Speed and spontaneous responses are a product of physical and mental familiarity." - Ron Chapél

Latest Discussions

Back