Meet and Greet 2007

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you sort out a date for 2008 as well please? Seriously, it would give me time to save up and anywhere would do, I've never been to the States and would love anywhere (I think lol!)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you sort out a date for 2008 as well please? Seriously, it would give me time to save up and anywhere would do, I've never been to the States and would love anywhere (I think lol!)

I don't care what the crazy Brit has to say, I am NOT going if it is in Death Vally in Aug. :). Had to say that, it popped into my head and wouldn't leave. Actually, we are truely blessed to have some rather beautiful areas here (even Death Valley in Aug is beautiful, just hotter than hades). That would be cool to have members from overseas be able to make the trip.

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
i could make the buffalo with enough time to plan... i want to go so i can meet some of you peeps..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care what the crazy Brit has to say, I am NOT going if it is in Death Vally in Aug. :). Had to say that, it popped into my head and wouldn't leave. Actually, we are truely blessed to have some rather beautiful areas here (even Death Valley in Aug is beautiful, just hotter than hades). That would be cool to have members from overseas be able to make the trip.

LOL! Somewhere warm would be lovely, Death Valley sounds a lot more inviting than some of the places I know here! With cheap flights like Virgin (but will they go all the way?) it should be do-able, I think your internal flights aren't too expensive either. I know I can rely on someone from here giving advice on hotels etc to stay at. Now the idea is in my head I rather like it! Sadly not this year though as my club is off to Thailand to train Muay Thai (well the pro fighters are training fulltime, us amateurs are training and holidaying) I'm going to google now and look into this!!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Second Prize is three trips to Buffalo....... :uhohh:

:btg: Hey, I'm an Erie County native. No bashing my peeps in Buffalo ;)

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
:btg: Hey, I'm an Erie County native. No bashing my peeps in Buffalo ;)

Wait - I thought Boston was the 'City Which Must Never Be Insulted'.....

Buffalo, too?

Well, as long as I need not be nice to Rochester, I suppose any unpleasantry can be endured......:angel:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! Somewhere warm would be lovely, Death Valley sounds a lot more inviting than some of the places I know here!

So you wouldn't be interested interested in combining it with a late January rock-climbing trip to the Cairngorms, say? :D

With cheap flights like Virgin (but will they go all the way?) it should be do-able,...

LOL LOL LOL... I've missed you this past week on the board Tez, I really have! :)

Buffalo is easy for me, Memphis would be too. Central Ohio is pretty central. St. Louis is a bit more of a stretch, but probably a pretty comfortable drive spread over two days. Beyond that it definitely starts looking like flying distance.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I shudder to see what the drive time is to Buffalo. I guess I could fly but I like the flexibility of driving.

I made it from Ft. Laud to Cleve in 18 hrs..I LOVE to drive. Texas however would be a flight..

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to try to make this one. Looking forward to more details. :)

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mapquest says 18.5 hours. That is doable I suppose. I don't mind driving either. I like road trips. :D

I purchased a CB radio off of E-Bay a couple of years ago that had been "tweeked" for max performance and I carry it all the time..The truckers still are the BEST way to avoid "Smokey Bear", and the on going conversations always seem to make the trip go faster...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
21 hours to Buffalo...

St Louis is a little better... only 16 :(

Seriously now, what's wrong with Winnipeg? :D

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya know... sounds like MT might have to be split into regions so that once a year those states within said regions can have a meet and greet for a weekend that way folks can at least attend a "meet-n-greet"of folks in their "area" and go from there ... then also each year each region takes turns to host a national convention, mebbe a week long one.

The split into regions makes good sense, as does a national convention..But a week in lenght?? That's an awful long time...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard the snows down to under 1/2 foot by August and its warm enough to only wear 4 uniforms while training....

:D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard the snows down to under 1/2 foot by August and its warm enough to only wear 4 uniforms while training....

:D

Y'all are a bunch of wusses...really...it ain't THAT cold in August.

However, to be fair. There is only one month on record that Winnipeg has not ever recorded any snow, that is July. :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
T.H.O.'s that could cut diamonds. :anic: THAT'S what's wrong with Winnipeg! :lol2:

When it gets nippy, keep 'em warm. . .yippee! Check this out.

Just for the record, I do not endorse the use of such a product! The link is for educational purposes only.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The perfect place for any meet and greet is in small town USA Alma, Michigan! :rofl: Seriously though I would love to make it to Buffalo and we will see what happens this year. I am planning to hook up with Drac and Exile at the Combat Hapkido seminar in May and I will be teaching in two weekends down in Texas for Terry! Definately I am looking forward to warm weather and you all are invited if you can make it.
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions