Martial Arts is Your Life, So what's Your Hobby?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Martial arts certainly isn't my life, but it's a big part of my life. I started when I was 14 (I'm 38 now). I started taking my faith in God seriously at the same time. My buddies I trained with in college all had both in common, also. It might sound odd to some folks, but speaking about God's love & fighting skills at the same time (with folks who understand both) comes naturally to me. (I don't have those conversations with the blue-haired gal in the pew in front of me on Sunday morning.:) )

I read & watch movies as hobbies. I'm a big fan of comedy. From smart British humor to the 3 Stooges...I love to laugh.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My hobbies are
gambling
Camping
gambling
remote control cars
gambling
spending time with the family
gambling
fantasy books
gambling

terry

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blotan Hunka said:
I see what you are saying. I still think one has to be careful or you either wind up being some geek walking down the street acting like you are in the Matrix or you become so obcessed that you neglect your real life.

No doubt there must be balance. That is still training.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
QUOTE]You can finally drive your used Chevette to a luxurious Super-8 Motel. lol__________________
[/QUOTE]

No super 8 last time I stoped at one a accidently bumped the horn and was immdiately suonded by drug dealers trying to sell me something

Any chance of seeing some pics of your work
I keep trying to get some good photos of the wok on a digital camera but have yet toget anyhing goo enough to show hee. i'll try over the next wek to cet some of my cane jheads and a few things I made for friends (no promise but i'll try)

B

bMunky

Well, I can see how martial arts can be someones life, just how rollerbladign or skateboarding can be someones life, the way I see it, if youw ant to perfect something as in depth as martial arts or extreme sports you have to make them your life. I've gone as far as realizing if I want to be where I want in martial arts I'll have to train everyday and become a teacher so I can continue to train and not let work get in the way and plus why wouldnt I or anyone else want to teach something you love. But what I do when I want to get away from martial arts is aggressive inline skating, I'm 20 been skating since 6th grade. I'll never stop skating, probably not untill I cant anymore. And then if I cant make martial arts a living as in if I open a dojo and it sucks and I go bankrupt I'l fall back on my graphic design and photography certificates.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Hmmm, more comic book readers here than I imagined.

Been a reader and collector for years..I love them...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
beauty_in_the_sai said:
The only "comic books" I like is Calvin and Hobbes. They are hilarious!

Becky

That, old Garfield and The Far side.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beauty_in_the_sai said:
The only "comic books" I like is Calvin and Hobbes. They are hilarious

I agree..I own 3 of the complied works. "There is something drooling under the bed" is my favorite..

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Calvin and Hobbes is one of the best comics ever written.

(See Becky, told you we could agree on something. lol)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bMunky said:
But what I do when I want to get away from martial arts is aggressive inline skating, I'm 20 been skating since 6th grade.

Now that is something I want to learn how to do (inline). :D

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Calvin and Hobbes is one of the best comics ever written.

(See Becky, told you we could agree on something. lol)

I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes!!! It's a shame they're retired.:waah:

Eric Daniel

Green Belt
Reaction score

beauty_in_the_sai said:
I was wondering, if martial arts is your life, what's your hobby/hobbies? What other things do you do or are interested in? Sure we all have to work (unfortunately) or we'd all be martial art monks/nuns by now. LOL

I like to belly dance (for any woman trying to find something aerobic that you get to wear gorgeous outfits in, I HIGHLY recommend belly dance). I also like reading LOTR, Harry Potter, and martial art books. I also like play fighting with my husband, mainly the Great Beep the Nose war! Surfing the web aimlessly is fun as is talking to my many martial art friends on messenger. Some of you will pry say playing with or attending to your kids. My kid (other than my husband ofc.) is my 1 yr. old cat, whose goal in life seems to be exploring every bit of the house she can and getting into things she shouldn't. LOL

Becky

Besides Martial Arts I like to serf the web, play catch with my brother (I have eight bro's so and we all live in different places so I only play catch with them when I see them), watch pro. Wrestling, watch football and baseball (MY favorite teams are Seattle Sehawks and Seattle Mariners, what's your favorite team?) and I like to read all kind of books, play my PS2 my father bought me last christmas, and I also like to watch action and drama and comedy (almost any) kind of movies.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've memorized most of Calvin's memorable lines, I've read them so much

Other than TKD I also write software for a living (and hobby) and am a pretty serious amateur/semi-pro musician and wanting to become more pro

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Number one thing in my life is Jesus Christ, Martial arts is my second. Beside martial arts..i dont really do anything else lol, school, church, sometimes i go skating, but i cant go back now lol. I also have a habbit of drawing, im kinda good at it, and like meditating, drawing just helps ease my nerves.

Laborn

Latest Discussions