New Year's Resolutions

beauty_in_the_sai

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Another thread brought to you by Becky Bear Industries, Inc.

If it's not too personal, what are your New Year's resolutions? Have an martial art resolutions?

My resolutions are actually quite a few. I'm going to shed my vanity pounds, get better at belly dance, and throw myself more into martial arts practice. I'm also starting ballet. I have yet to break my chocolate addiction, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. I'd also like to get better at nun chuks and ninjutsu and achieve my 2nd dan this year.

Cheers and Happy New Years,

Becky

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have only one Loose wieght as fast as I can without gaining it back.
Terry

PS nothing else has to be changed I'm humble and respectful and I have peace in my heart.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, If we all can become better than we were last year....this is success!

Then is is only one thing we all must do....become a better person this year..by making the RIGHT changes........Do you agree...Let's all become a part of this movement......by becoming a better person (improvements in our selfs)....................making one more thing better in our lives....this coming year.............a successful one........Aloha

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not make them because i have no idea what the new year will bring

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
beauty_in_the_sai said:

If it's not too personal, what are your New Year's resolutions? Have an martial art resolutions?

My resolutions are actually quite a few. I'm going to shed my vanity pounds, get better at belly dance, and throw myself more into martial arts practice. I'm also starting ballet. I have yet to break my chocolate addiction, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. I'd also like to get better at nun chuks and ninjutsu and achieve my 2nd dan this year.

Becky

Beat the chocolate addiction? I'm with you Becky but I don't reckon I've got a chance... next year or any other! hehe.

For me, 2006 is gonna be the year I jack in the 9-5 and get the business going full steam ahead.

Happy New Year's to all MTers still onsite over the holidays!

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm not going to make any. This year already brings way too many dramatic changes for me. Some good, some very bad.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
beauty_in_the_sai said:

Becky
im going to stop smoking
even those cigarettes and hookahs that i use to measure how long i can stay in a low horse stance.. im going to use MINUTES not cigarettes now.. i heard a lot of people are doing that now.. new fad or something

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I have only one Loose wieght as fast as I can without gaining it back.
Terry

PS nothing else has to be changed I'm humble and respectful and I have peace in my heart.
lool
"I'm humble and respectful and I have peace in my heart"
that's not too humble right there man
hahaha
jk ( you probably are, actually.. at least the way u sound on MT)

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
mantis said:
im going to stop smoking
even those cigarettes and hookahs that i use to measure how long i can stay in a low horse stance.. im going to use MINUTES not cigarettes now.. i heard a lot of people are doing that now.. new fad or something

Good luck with that! My dad quit cold turkey when my son was born, that was 5.5 years ago......it can be done. Focus!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1. I've been told that I need to be a better listener as a father. :idunno:

2. To push myself as hard as I can in the studio,the weight room and cardio sessions.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I resolve to kill fewer people this year... but thats only because my crawlspace is getting full.

But seriously... Im gonna pass my CCNA test this year, I swear.

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I resolve to kill fewer people this year... but thats only because my crawlspace is getting full.

But seriously... Im gonna pass my CCNA test this year, I swear.

CCNA?

-Master Fluffy

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fluffy said:
CCNA?

-Master Fluffy

CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORKING ASSOCIATE. I have failed the test twice already, but I need to pass it to keep my job. Its a PITA to pass without proper training, which I dont have... Im trying to self-learn it.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORKING ASSOCIATE. I have failed the test twice already, but I need to pass it to keep my job. Its a PITA to pass without proper training, which I dont have... Im trying to self-learn it.
pick up some books from barnes (or read them there if u dont wanna pay)
i think they help a lot...
i have to do a cert test for BizTalk Server soon, and that doesnt have any cert books or anything.. only got one messed up BTS unleashed book!
good luck meng!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:

But seriously...

Techno,

This as on my list as well, yet I knew it would not be good to knowingly make a resolution that I could not keep. ;)

Seriously, years ago I resolved to never make anymore New Years resolutions, and to DO what I wanted, and to put the effort into it, or not too.

As Yoda says, there is no Try ;) :D

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dude..
im trying to be single next year
in fact, i've been working on it for 2 years already
it's just not happening
does anybody have tips for me?!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You say:

"Im done with you goodbye"

and thats it, you are single.

Being single is easy.

If she gives you a lot of weeping and begging and stuff, and you dont wanna deal with it, the next time you guys are in the sack, tell her that her sister was better... she will dump you. Problem solved.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
You say:

"Im done with you goodbye"

and thats it, you are single.

Being single is easy.

If she gives you a lot of weeping and begging and stuff, and you dont wanna deal with it, the next time you guys are in the sack, tell her that her sister was better... she will dump you. Problem solved.
lol
she has a gun man
i gotta be careful
the thing is when im done with one i move to the next.. i wanna be single for an entire year! i wanna graduate man

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To become active in art clubs and organizations again and get back in touch with the local Realist art scene as well as begin taking art classes and workshops again.

Latest Discussions