Martial arts as language

Status
Not open for further replies.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Jks9199
Administrator

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Please keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Jks9199
Administrator

Sure, glad to. Just tell that racist F, Jobo, to get a clue.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sure, glad to. Just tell that racist F, Jobo, to get a clue.
the Italians are not a race, it's some what debatable if it's a country, it is however a peninsula largly populated by white europeans most of which are very pleasant people

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the Italians are not a race, it's some what debatable if it's a country, it is however a peninsula

Jobo
, what modern nation-state wasn't artificially "made up" at some point in history? The UK? Hardly! ...The USA? Tampoco, si lo preguntas a los mexicanos e indios. France? Germany? Spain? Been to Barcelona lately? Oh! Oh! Wait I got one! Russia. Just ask a Ukrainian.

OK, that was a joke. Sort of. Anyway, you get my point, right?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, getting back on track, I always felt that Wing Chun chi-sau was a lot like having a conversation. Sparring even more so. It can range from a lively conversation, to a heated discussion, to an outright argument.

I think Ramsey overstates his case against TMA though. It can still be alive, just a bit more "polite" and formalized. Most of the time. It isn't that one is less like "living language", it's more a matter of differing objectives. And personal objectives. At 65 with joint issues, I'm not likely to benefit from MMA training. I can continue WC and Escrima.

That said, he makes a lot of good points and I wish more people in my discipline should consider them.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jobo, what modern nation-state wasn't artificially "made up" at some point in history? The UK? Hardly! ...The USA? Tampoco, si lo preguntas a los mexicanos e indios. France? Germany? Spain? Been to Barcelona lately? Oh! Oh! Wait I got one! Russia. Just ask a Ukrainian.

OK, that was a joke. Sort of. Anyway, you get my point, right?
theres a difference between a state, a nation and a country, the uk is a state, it's a political enterty recognised by the un,( as is italy, )it's not a country but it might be a nation or it might not

england is a country,but not a state, italy is a state, but not a nation or arguably not a country, the Vatican is a state, but neither a country or a nation

nb italy stopped being a state for a while, when the democratic govenment was replaced by an eu technocrat, because of its dire economic state, meaning it no longer had sovereignty over it's own affairs , so it wasnt even a state

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions