Mailing & framing of Kukkiwon Certificate

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Can any of the Masters here tell me how the KKW certificates are mailed? Are they all together in 1 envelope?

I am curious because I got mine without an envelope, and it seems odd that the KKW wouldn't put it in an envelope by itself (i.e., not with other certificates_ with perhaps my name on a label, to keep the certificate in pristine condition for when I finally get it.

Of course, my first choice would be for the KKW to just mail it to me directly, but that is not going to happen ;). This way there would be no presentation in class when my hands may be sweaty.

Also do you guys get your certificates professionally framed? I dropped mine off at a shop to get done. I had noticed one corner was a little bent, which made me wonder about how they are sent. Thanks.

evelbug

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One of the instructors in my club just got his 4th dan. The certificate was in a cardboard mailing envelope in a plastic bag with cardboard on either side.

OP
G

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks that makes sense. Maybe Masters take them out in order to present the certificates and to obfuscate the "middle man" aspect of testing.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the instructors in my club just got his 4th dan. The certificate was in a cardboard mailing envelope in a plastic bag with cardboard on either side.

This is how we get them too. We take them out and have them framed before presenting them.

OP
G

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
This is how we get them too. We take them out and have them framed before presenting them.
I was thinking that makes sense for the school to frame it, but then I thought that different people may prefer different colours. I just think it is better to present the certificate protected somehow. Thanks.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They come in a cardboard mailing envelope like others have said, but they do put all the certificates together in the same one. What we do is to buy some big envelopes and put each cert in it's own envelope with the student's name on it.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take our Dan rank certificates to Hobby Lobby. They do a fine job of framing them. Geup rank certificates are given out without frames.

OP
G

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've had both my 1st and 2nd Dan certificates professionally framed - definitely worth it!!
I agree. I got mine done for CAD 100, which is about USD75. I'm glad I got it done.

Funny enough, the store is in the same plaza as a TKD school (not the one that I attended). I told him to photocopy my certificate, blank the name and such, and make another frame. Then go down a few stores to the school and sell your services. He didn't seem interested, but it seemed like effective marketing to me.

Latest Discussions