Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Gonna have to have one handy I think for next time!

If that isn't big enough, you will need a Howitzer
BAIV-105-MM-Howitzer-M2A1-1.jpg

But to go bigger than that would be ridiculous

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure looking at that whether it's a sweet or savory pie. I could see it going either way.

I'd give it a go. Did you try it? If so, how was it?
I had the mango pie. That was a first for me also. Pretty good!

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
being dragged unconscious through miles of water.
I know, being awake would have been worse.
Still a nightmare.
The team was 2.5 miles into the cave system, but most of that path was out of the water.
636664943453737910-070618-thai-tunnel-rescue-2.png

I doubt that would really make it less frightening. But surgery is the stuff of nightmares too. Except it generally isn't. You're sitting on the beach. You get a shot. Now you're out. Being awake would have been a million times worse and would absolutely have resulted in deaths.

Bear in mind that you cannot really trust the accuracy of the reporting. For example, they constantly refer to "oxygen tanks". Breathing oxygen under water is quite toxic. They were breathing air, just like you.

My views on this are probably skewed a bit both by spending too many years in the ER and by being a cave diver.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had the mango pie. That was a first for me also. Pretty good!
Right on. That sounds good, too. If someone told me to make a mango pie, I think I'd go with something along the lines of a peach pie... Mango has that flesh kind of like a peach or apricot.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been in Florida all week.... you want a workout.... try and keep up with two 18 year olds and lwo late 20 year olds for 4 days...Magic Kingdom.... Epcot..... Animal Kingdom...... Hollywood.... on the 5th day...today...is the first time I have been able to relax since I got here...and most of this day was in a coma trying to recover......AND we are heading home tomorrow..... to 13 inches of snow in my driveway....... I will need a vacation from this vacation....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Been in Florida all week.... you want a workout.... try and keep up with two 18 year olds and lwo late 20 year olds for 4 days...Magic Kingdom.... Epcot..... Animal Kingdom...... Hollywood.... on the 5th day...today...is the first time I have been able to relax since I got here...and most of this day was in a coma trying to recover......AND we are heading home tomorrow..... to 13 inches of snow in my driveway....... I will need a vacation from this vacation....
Sounds like fun.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The team was 2.5 miles into the cave system, but most of that path was out of the water.

I doubt that would really make it less frightening. But surgery is the stuff of nightmares too. Except it generally isn't. You're sitting on the beach. You get a shot. Now you're out. Being awake would have been a million times worse and would absolutely have resulted in deaths.

Bear in mind that you cannot really trust the accuracy of the reporting. For example, they constantly refer to "oxygen tanks". Breathing oxygen under water is quite toxic. They were breathing air, just like you.

My views on this are probably skewed a bit both by spending too many years in the ER and by being a cave diver.
well, true. Kinda like having your 'caves' explored. You are up, joking with the nurses, then you are out in recovery.
Just reading the descriptions was uh, nope.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Epcot is my favorite there,2nd is universal. I only been to epcot once, my younger brother went back to Orlando a few times since we grown up and had great times, I was jealous a bit, not Mad but sad I couldn't go too.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score

I'd be terrified just being trapped in a cave. But being hauled out conscious would make it worse for anxiety.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be terrified just being trapped in a cave. But being hauled out conscious would make it worse for anxiety.
Unconscious people really are not anxious. Especially when the drugs used to sedate them are anxiolytics and amnestic.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mrs Xue paid Delta for round trip tickets to Alaska for a summer vacation..... after she made the reservations and confirmed the reservations they instantaneously changed the boarding time...... now a month later, after all other plans are made with connections to a cruise....the changed the date of the flight to a day earlier.... that we can't do, work conflicts and no hotel reservation to spend the night there...Then as she is talking to them about this she discovers that they changed are return flight to a day earlier.....we won't even be there.... and now they don't want to refund any money.....

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mrs Xue paid Delta for round trip tickets to Alaska for a summer vacation..... after she made the reservations and confirmed the reservations they instantaneously changed the boarding time...... now a month later, after all other plans are made with connections to a cruise....the changed the date of the flight to a day earlier.... that we can't do, work conflicts and no hotel reservation to spend the night there...Then as she is talking to them about this she discovers that they changed are return flight to a day earlier.....we won't even be there.... and now they don't want to refund any money.....
This is, sadly, far too common. We sent one of our kids and his new wife to Cancun for their honeymoon last year. Their flights were changed SIX TIMES. Utter chaos.

Latest Discussions