Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
appreciating the hard work the symphonic/opera metal band frontwomen have been undertaking.
and remembering my high school music teacher who thought a soprano wasn't gonna cut it in metal....back in the 80s.
I wonder if he ever conceded this point. (he was sexist. Made sure his little school jazz band was a boys affair)
I was shocked when years later I saw a video of a school band he led (not my Alma Mater) and a girl playing the saxophone solo. She must have been REALLY good.
Thank you Tarja Turunen and Floor Jansen (among many others)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
appreciating the hard work the symphonic/opera metal band frontwomen have been undertaking.
and remembering my high school music teacher who thought a soprano wasn't gonna cut it in metal....back in the 80s.
I wonder if he ever conceded this point. (he was sexist. Made sure his little school jazz band was a boys affair)
I was shocked when years later I saw a video of a school band he led (not my Alma Mater) and a girl playing the saxophone solo. She must have been REALLY good.
Thank you Tarja Turunen and Floor Jansen (among many others)

hmmm.... someone should have told Geddy Lee
GettyImages-84886243.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmmm.... someone should have told Geddy Lee
GettyImages-84886243.jpg
he does not quite hit the high notes as Ms Turunen does.
(and the guys were ok, just the girls weren't)
I would like to have a talk with him and ask him
Then again I wouldn't. Some folks are not worth revisiting with

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So this scammer keeps calling everyone in my family except me. It's weird. He claims he's an officer of the court, and that he has papers to serve my brother. He has made threats like the other day said he was going to get my brother for contempt of court. He had our address right and my brother's birth date, my dad's number and my brother's phone number. We called the sheriff to see If there really is a court officer by the name this guy is using and they said no. So at this point it's harassment. What would you guys do about something like this? He also is calling from an unknown number so we haven't been able to get his number to report it, or even call him back and give him a taste of his own medicine.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this scammer keeps calling everyone in my family except me. It's weird. He claims he's an officer of the court, and that he has papers to serve my brother. He has made threats like the other day said he was going to get my brother for contempt of court. He had our address right and my brother's birth date, my dad's number and my brother's phone number. We called the sheriff to see If there really is a court officer by the name this guy is using and they said no. So at this point it's harassment. What would you guys do about something like this? He also is calling from an unknown number so we haven't been able to get his number to report it, or even call him back and give him a taste of his own medicine.
File a report with your local police or sheriff's office. It likely won't go very far, but if he is this persistent and this pervasive, there's more involved.

Also go to the FTC's website on identity theft, cleverly at this link: IdentityTheft.gov

As a note -- this is not how the police or sheriff's offices will do paper service. It MIGHT be a process server -- but he's not supposed to be claiming to be police of any sort when he does this.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was out running today, on concrete, and my knee started hurting. Not my knee that I injured during fencing that has an actual problem. My other, perfectly healthy knee. I thought I had a few more years before that started happening.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
hey winters back....and its a bit upset... snow yesterday, snow tomorrow...until Wednesday.... and temps below 32F..... it was angry last time it returned....temps were single digits that time

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Was out running today, on concrete, and my knee started hurting. Not my knee that I injured during fencing that has an actual problem. My other, perfectly healthy knee. I thought I had a few more years before that started happening.
well, unless your life depends on it, no running on concrete.
It kills me that my son's old High school had their track around the football field paved. that is insane.
gym floors are glorified concrete.
Those are not sport surfaces.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hey winters back....and its a bit upset... snow yesterday, snow tomorrow...until Wednesday.... and temps below 32F..... it was angry last time it returned....temps were single digits that time
AND ONE MORE THING!!!

yeah, the weather is like this down here all the time.
Right now we are having early summer.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Cold snap around here too. But that usually means 20s at night and in the 30s during the day. Have a little snow on the ground but not enough to stop everything.

Roasted about 8 lbs of coffee. Some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and some Colombian Supremo. Really looking forward to trying that Ethiopian bean. I drank the last of my last stash a few months ago and it was delicious. Hard to describe how great it was but I am looking forward to having some more.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had 4" of snow and highs in the 20F range earlier this week. Today it's 67F.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cold snap around here too. But that usually means 20s at night and in the 30s during the day. Have a little snow on the ground but not enough to stop everything.

Roasted about 8 lbs of coffee. Some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and some Colombian Supremo. Really looking forward to trying that Ethiopian bean. I drank the last of my last stash a few months ago and it was delicious. Hard to describe how great it was but I am looking forward to having some more.
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyirg.

Sorry about that, love me some Yirgacheffe, just finished the last of my roast a few days ago. Suuuch a delicious bean, for filter AND espresso. Enjoy!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyirg.

Sorry about that, love me some Yirgacheffe, just finished the last of my roast a few days ago. Suuuch a delicious bean, for filter AND espresso. Enjoy!
Goodness! That’s my coffee of choice! 😳

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I love it too. I think I roast it a little darker than the current trends, though. I like that fruitiness but it’s too acidic for my taste at a super light roast. 20D2D578-F329-4D9C-9569-1E1B9F0E350D.jpeg014E94F5-EDA2-403B-B433-360B5BB3B8B0.jpeg