Last Poster #7

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to the website on the billboard..it's a real, legal church. You can even get ordained to marry people under the church of bacon!
I'm already ordained by two churches (including the Church of the Dude). I don't think those jealous gods would take well to me adding a third.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Reddit is straight-up toxic most of the time. If that kind of casual toxicity gets to you, it really is best to avoid those places. My wife often has the same issue. For some reason, it just doesn't bother me - I enjoy pushing back on them. Which probably says something about me, more than them.
When I scroll on reddit, I rarely get very deep into the comments/threads. It's like Twitter... the initial post is sometimes interesting, and that's about as far as I go. As a result, I don't see a lot of what you guys are talking about. The idea of reading what are mostly one liners trying to be funny just seems super tedious to me.

The sub-reddits I tend to actually read are communities where people are actually interested in helping each other, like the coffee roasting sub-reddit.
I'm already ordained by two churches (including the Church of the Dude). I don't think those jealous gods would take well to me adding a third.
Nice.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go to your fridge. Get some bacon, cook it and their god will know. Boom! Initiated. Turkey bacon works too, it ain't just the pork variety.

Don't got any bacon in your fridge?
7ec929e042be6e9272eac395b13eb8db.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Go to your fridge. Get some bacon, cook it and their god will know. Boom! Initiated. Turkey bacon works too, it ain't just the pork variety.

Don't got any bacon in your fridge?
7ec929e042be6e9272eac395b13eb8db.gif

Captain.... I'm surprised at you........I will NOT get out and I DON'T have bacon in my fridges..... and I have 2 of them too

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Captain.... I'm surprised at you........I will NOT get out and I DON'T have bacon in my fridges..... and I have 2 of them too
Technically I don't have any in my fridge either so I'm not welcomed in the bacon church either. Haven't bought any in months. I buy too much ingredients for soup. No room for bacon on my brick oven pizza or with my stew and cornbread.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm pretty much done with social media, except martial talk, and youtube. Literally everyone ghost me, even my pastor. I'm starting to think I have a sign on my back that says "ghost me it's fun" I laugh about it to all my friends, but deep down it hurts. I never do anything bad to no one and I treat everyone with respect yet I get disrespect like this all the time. I'll admit I'm a bit of a geek, but I try my hardest to live by the golden rule and only put out positive energy into the world. Reddit sucks, chat rooms are mostly dead even if you can find them. The only communities online where I've found acceptance are martial talk and youtube. I probably shouldn't take this personally, but it happens so much I can't help but notice it. If I showed screen shots to my friends they would be like what the hell? But enough of this rant. I hope you all got in some good stuff today. I'm gonna go get a workout in.
Most people on FB I have never met in person. They share a lot of common interests I don't share with most folks around.
Some people I actually do know in person.
And I found it better to not keep them on my FB list. I don't have extended family friended.
Then again, I am the person who will forget to call you or like your post.
So maybe there is that (which is definitely not a good thing for your pastor)
it is a good thing though to step away from those things.
It's a time steal and one could do better things.
Like watching the kitten videos on youtube.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Technically I don't have any in my fridge either so I'm not welcomed in the bacon church either. Haven't bought any in months. I buy too much ingredients for soup. No room for bacon on my brick oven pizza or with my stew and cornbread.
Do you have a brick pizza oven at your house? That would be badass.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Watching Jackie Chan Operation Condor.... its a fun film to watch...well, at least I think it is
He inspired me kind of when I was young to get into ma. I used to watch alot of his movies when I was a kid. He's a good actor and his acrobatics are very entertaining with his kung fu.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Most people on FB I have never met in person. They share a lot of common interests I don't share with most folks around.
Some people I actually do know in person.
And I found it better to not keep them on my FB list. I don't have extended family friended.
Then again, I am the person who will forget to call you or like your post.
So maybe there is that (which is definitely not a good thing for your pastor)
it is a good thing though to step away from those things.
It's a time steal and one could do better things.
Like watching the kitten videos on youtube.
I agree. The only reason I keep my messenger account is in case family or close friend need to contact me for something. True they have my number but sometimes some people in my family prefer to text that way. I personally hate fb. It's supposed to bring people together,which it does sometimes, but the negativity is more common it seems these days.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree. The only reason I keep my messenger account is in case family or close friend need to contact me for something. True they have my number but sometimes some people in my family prefer to text that way. I personally hate fb. It's supposed to bring people together,which it does sometimes, but the negativity is more common it seems these days.
yeah, over the last 6 or 7 years FB has really taken a dive.
Little pleasant content is about still.
It has however become a gathering point for my online friends from other platforms that have gotten worse yet.
and I can contact some family for whom I did not have phone numbers.
Which reminds me.....I need to contact them again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have never gotten into social media beyond MT and a couple other forums... Once did a little work with my wife's office facebook page, but she decided to let it go, and that was the end of my time on facebook. as for Reddit and the rest, never got into them much. Got annoyed by some ot the other forums I use to go to, so I quit going to those too

Latest Discussions