Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did the lawns today. But prior to doing so I of course yelled "GO ON, GIT, GIT OFF MY LAWNS U PESKY PUNKS AN WHIPPERSNAPPERS"

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
was lying in bed this morning thinking...should i get up & pee or have another hour in bed....

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I face that dilemma... all... the... TIME haha.
a mate of mine has a pee bottle next to his bed...actually a plastic Fanta bottle with the neck cut further down. I was visiting him one time & visited his toilet for a pee. The bottle was on top of the water tank of his toilet. I asked him, "what the hell is this"..although it was obvious.
My pee bottle...but i clean it ...hahaha He´s single & a bit of an animal

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
a mate of mine has a pee bottle next to his bed...actually a plastic Fanta bottle with the neck cut further down. I was visiting him one time & visited his toilet for a pee. The bottle was on top of the water tank of his toilet. I asked him, "what the hell is this"..although it was obvious.
My pee bottle...but i clean it ...hahaha He´s single & a bit of an animal
I've seen this a couple times. Mostly from people who are camping and don't want to have to go outside at night each time they have to pee. They'll fill up a bottle, then dump it by a tree in the morning. Only guy I knew who had it in his house though, told me that when he was a kid his parents would yell at him for waking up too much to go to the bathroom (he'd have to walk past their room and presumably make noise), so he started peeing in a large gatorade bottle and dumping it before school.

Always thought that was messed up.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've seen this a couple times. Mostly from people who are camping and don't want to have to go outside at night each time they have to pee. They'll fill up a bottle, then dump it by a tree in the morning .Only guy I knew who had it in his house though, told me that when he was a kid his parents would yell at him for waking up too much to go to the bathroom (he'd have to walk past their room and presumably make noise), so he started peeing in a large gatorade bottle and dumping it before school.

a lot of truck drivers at least here pee into a bottle when on the Autobahn (Freeway). I worked for a while as a truck driver when i was end of my 20s. Hated it but i never did long distance so never needed to pee in a bottle.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Only guy I knew who had it in his house though, told me that when he was a kid his parents would yell at him for waking up too much to go to the bathroom (he'd have to walk past their room and presumably make noise), so he started peeing in a large gatorade bottle and dumping it before school.
terrible. I can relate to this though. My father was a nasty piece of work when drunk so i used to do the same. Our bathroom was down stairs & if he cought me i got a beating. he sat down stairs when drunk in the living room & my bedroom was upstairs. tell your buddy he was not alone.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of the ideas about tea and coffee are from folklore.
I once gave my grandmother 'bean coffee' as old folks called it in the afternoon.
She had requested decaf because otherwise, she could not sleep.
We had just had a big family party, so I was sure we had decaf, otherwise, we did not keep that.
I could not find it. So I made the regular coffee and lied my tail off. SURE it is decaf.
I took a page from my mom's experience in nursing, some folks can sleep like babies with a caffeine pill on board if they think it's a sleeping pill,, while sleeping pills may drop their blood pressure too far, so they can't sleep.

Oma slept like a rock. I asked.
Without telling her why. or she would have developed retro insomnia.....
I’d love to see multiple studies on this. Some I’ve seen had results that supported the common notion of no caffeine after xPM (noon, 2, 5…). At least one showed no effect on falling asleep 1-2 hours later. Others with specific populations suggest, for instance, that folks with ADHD are less prone to being affected.

I just cherry-pick the results that support my desire for more coffee

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen this a couple times. Mostly from people who are camping and don't want to have to go outside at night each time they have to pee. They'll fill up a bottle, then dump it by a tree in the morning. Only guy I knew who had it in his house though, told me that when he was a kid his parents would yell at him for waking up too much to go to the bathroom (he'd have to walk past their room and presumably make noise), so he started peeing in a large gatorade bottle and dumping it before school.

A young guy I work with lives at the staff house, and apparently leaves pee bottles lying around. He doesn’t understand the fuss.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I’d love to see multiple studies on this. Some I’ve seen had results that supported the common notion of no caffeine after xPM (noon, 2, 5…). At least one showed no effect on falling asleep 1-2 hours later. Others with specific populations suggest, for instance, that folks with ADHD are less prone to being affected.

I just cherry-pick the results that support my desire for more coffee
Tolerance to caffeine and the ability to metabolize it can differ by a huge amount between people. There are "fast" and "slow" metabolizing coffee drinkers. Some people will go through it in a few hours, some people can take almost a full day to process one cup.

There are actually genetic markers in some peeps that give them the ability to metabolize caffeine 4x faster than others. I'm probably one of these people, I probably drink 5-10 cups a day and it barely registers other than I sweat a little.

Article is a little dated (lots of recent studies doing down on the health effects of not just caffeine, but coffees full chemical makeup

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got a new job in North Carolina, spending most of this week trying to find apartments there. If any of you have heard of a good apartment building/complex near Raleigh, NC, please let me know!
I hope you and your family like it there! Big move. And congratulations on your new job.

My wife just started working for a new company after 23 years at her previous company.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I knew Funeral directors made good money... but I didn't know it was this good

I drive past a funeral home every Monday though Friday morning and I have seen this car, or at least it looks like this car, parked there every morning... not 100% sure, but it sure looks like this.... still does not make me want to be a funeral director though

Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV Roadster
aventador_sv_roadster_2.jpg

price, over $500,000

Latest Discussions