Last Poster #7

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup...same here...another day in paradise....
chpc52039.jpg

:)
This picture bring back many memories some not so good.....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And I'd rather have the snow. I hate winter rain - I think it goes back to the years I only had a motorcycle. That stuff was just awful.
Surely not as bad as a bike on the ice but I had only a Jeep for three years that rarely had the top on. Even when it did it was still cold as hxxl.
If a person has never experienced black ice, they just cannot understand.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Going to run my younger daughter through her first D&D session tomorrow. She and several of her friends are interested in learning to play, and she has agreed to DM, so we picked up the 5e rulebooks. While I have zero interest in hanging out with a bunch of teenagers, I am pretty excited to teach her how to play and hope she and her friends fall in love with the game like I did when I was about their age. :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have been in the 70’s for two weeks. I just saw that the temperature here is going from a high of 71 on Saturday to a low of 18 on Sunday. Welcome to TN.
Acclimation? I have no clue what the means.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted the satirical news story that mentions this, but here's a graphic of the same thing:

View attachment 27839
These foolish people come here, start zipping around and slide down the hill while swearing this NEVER happened to them in Iowa. :)
We are pretty hilly here, but the point is similar. I don’t have a daily commute (if I’m home, I’m home), so snow at home doesn’t have a huge impact on my work.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely not as bad as a bike on the ice but I had only a Jeep for three years that rarely had the top on. Even when it did it was still cold as hxxl.
If it was icy, things shut down and I could just stay home.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

It was below zero in February and black-ice spun my old jeep Cherokee around on the NYS thruway, sent me off the road and over the top of a milage marker. As I sat there in a ditch in the snow, I thought, well, its a jeep, so I dropped it into 4 wheel drive and back out with no problem at all. Parked in the emergency lane and waited for the state police with about 4 other cars that also went off the road, but were stuck in the ditch in the snow.

The state trooper arrived and took my report as I sat in the jeep. He asked me if I needed any help, I said no, I was just going to drive to work. He looked at me for a second and said, have you been out of your jeep to look at it. I said no, he then said..."Your front tire is off the rim". I had the tow truck guy that came change the tire. After that I thought..only 3 wheels working and it pulled me out of the snow....only in a jeep

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was below zero in February and black-ice spun my old jeep Cherokee around on the NYS thruway, sent me off the road and over the top of a milage marker. As I sat there in a ditch in the snow, I thought, well, its a jeep, so I dropped it into 4 wheel drive and back out with no problem at all. Parked in the emergency lane and waited for the state police with about 4 other cars that also went off the road, but were stuck in the ditch in the snow.

The state trooper arrived and took my report as I sat in the jeep. He asked me if I needed any help, I said no, I was just going to drive to work. He looked at me for a second and said, have you been out of your jeep to look at it. I said no, he then said..."Your front tire is off the rim". I had the tow truck guy that came change the tire. After that I thought..only 3 wheels working and it pulled me out of the snow....only in a jeep

It was a 1996 2 door sport, looked a lot like this one actually

img_0500-jpg.209911
1640833699425.png

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
1640870982753.png

I have had 10 CJ's. Paint this one Ensign blue and would look exactly like my favorite one. It was a striped out Renegade with a Levi package. I also had a 25th Anniversary CJ. Those two I wish I had held on to.
1640871149158.png

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My first Jeep was a CJ 5, pretty much looked like this, only I have better wheels and tires

1974_jeep_cj-5_1622118202cf00500f4de91cd1974_jeep_cj-5_1620512884f66e7dff9f98764da32075ba0-1d25-4be0-8687-598410cde0f3-RRiWS5.jpg

Also spent sometime as a VW/Jeep mechanic at a dealership.

Second jeep was the Cherokee, then I have other 4X4s then went to a a Patriot

a0189dab8ee8f09dbf368b4da1157f301098c185.png

I was not a fan of the Patriot, and Mrs Xue hates Jeeps so that was the last Jeep I had. I have driven a few new Grand Cherokees while on vacation, I can't stand that engine shutdown thing they have when you stop so I doubt I will get another one anytime soon

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since we're doing Jeeps... here's mine.

DCAM1242.JPG

'89 YJ. 383ci Holley EFI, 700R4 torque converter to a turbo-350 trans. Atlas 4-speed transfer case. Tom Woods double cardan drive shafts. D44 in the front. Chevy 12-bolt rear, both full width out of a 3/4 ton donor truck. 5.13 gears. Detroit lockers. 40" IROKs on Staun beadlocks. Milemarker 12,000lb winch. Poison Spyder stinger, roll cage, and armor. 3/8" plate steel full length skid plate. This picture was taken on our second trip through Independence Trail - One of 3 trails in Colorado rated 10/10.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

View attachment 27867

'89 YJ. 383ci Holley EFI, 700R4 torque converter to a turbo-350 trans. Atlas 4-speed transfer case. Tom Woods double cardan drive shafts. D44 in the front. Chevy 12-bolt rear, both full width out of a 3/4 ton donor truck. 5.13 gears. Detroit lockers. 40" IROKs on Staun beadlocks. Milemarker 12,000lb winch. Poison Spyder stinger, roll cage, and armor. 3/8" plate steel full length skid plate. This picture was taken on our second trip through Independence Trail - One of 3 trails in Colorado rated 10/10.
All mine were AMC power plants, up to a 401. I had a punched out 360 that hit 483 horsepower on the dyno. All but two were converted to a Ford nine-inch rear end. The Dana 20's were truly junk.
I like the Tru-Trac carrier better than a locker if it is going to be road driven. Lockers suck on asphalt. I had an air locker in a Toyota build that worked well.
I had 44" Cepek's on a CJ7.
The CJ 3-speed are straight up Ford on the inside so easy to work on. The 4-speed is a bit of a hybrid and not a tough. The transfer cases are rock solid.

Looks like you left the axles full width?

Good looking trail rider. Is it street legal?

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

View attachment 27867

I'd respond but...

shunning.jpg

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll just leave this here:

I think it's important that we tag @Xue Sheng to make absolutely sure he sees this.

Latest Discussions