Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm going to be tired today. For some reason, I woke up at midnight, then at 2, and then at 3. And then I couldn't get back to sleep.
Brutal. Hate when my brain turns on before I'm ready to get out of bed. Or the dogs... it's hard to ignore a St. Bernard when she wants to go outside.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You did not answer the initial question. All pork or bacon only?

How can you ask such a question during this horrible crisis.....none of this matters anymore......there is a cream cheese shortage in NY

panic-kermit.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
On the subject of
How can you ask such a question during this horrible crisis.....none of this matters anymore......there is a cream cheese shortage in NY

panic-kermit.gif
I just bought 6 lbs of cream cheese. Tis the season for holiday baking, and cheese cakes are in the mix.

I have pies, breads, and cookies to bake, along with some (read dozens) of krumkake, which we fill with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Most of that goes to friends, neighbors, and family. I also picked up some small mason jars and am going to try making my creme brulee but using the sous vide instead of baking in the oven.

Inspired by the last series of the Great British Bake Off, my adult daughter challenged me to make a fancy entremet. I am not as good with the fancy stuff as she is, but I told her I'd try it. I'm pretty confident I can make something delicious... but I don't think I can decorate it as well as she can.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
On the subject of

I just bought 6 lbs of cream cheese. Tis the season for holiday baking, and cheese cakes are in the mix.

I have pies, breads, and cookies to bake, along with some (read dozens) of krumkake, which we fill with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Most of that goes to friends, neighbors, and family. I also picked up some small mason jars and am going to try making my creme brulee but using the sous vide instead of baking in the oven.

Inspired by the last series of the Great British Bake Off, my adult daughter challenged me to make a fancy entremet. I am not as good with the fancy stuff as she is, but I told her I'd try it. I'm pretty confident I can make something delicious... but I don't think I can decorate it as well as she can.

So...THAT'S why NYS has a Cream Cheese shortage....the state of Washington...is HOARDING IT ALL!!!!!!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of

I've started my baking. Made a less-sweet pecan pie with sour cream in it, and some nicely spicy gingersnaps (lots of ginger, plus nutmeg). I need to make some pumkin stuff (probably a pie and some bread) and our traditional stollen, which gets sent to the extended family.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Flying off the shelves at Costco! :D

Yeah that's it RUB IT IN!!!! We have NONE on the shelves here...... think of all us New York folk who must go without cream cheese on out bagels......it will be ANARCY I TELL YOU ANARCHY!!!! The end of civilization as we know it in NY...all because you Washington folk are HOARDING the cream cheese

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So...THAT'S why NYS has a Cream Cheese shortage....the state of Washington...is HOARDING IT ALL!!!!!!
I smell some shunnage.....
it's a hot commodity here, too, at least before Thanksgiving, I have not been out since, but I am DYING dor a peanutbutter pie!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've started my baking. Made a less-sweet pecan pie with sour cream in it, and some nicely spicy gingersnaps (lots of ginger, plus nutmeg). I need to make some pumkin stuff (probably a pie and some bread) and our traditional stollen, which gets sent to the extended family.
Stollen is awesome.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stollen is awesome.
I got the recipe from my grandmother. Two of her brothers also make a version of it, but she made it for Xmas/New Year and sent it to several family members. I took that over about a decade ago. I’d been making it for at least 5 years (and eating it for more than 40) before I knew it was called stollen.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I got the recipe from my grandmother. Two of her brothers also make a version of it, but she made it for Xmas/New Year and sent it to several family members. I took that over about a decade ago. I’d been making it for at least 5 years (and eating it for more than 40) before I knew it was called stollen.
Love those recipes the most!

I have a couple of recipes I make that are like that. A bauern brot I make is a nice rye that I make from my dad’s recipe. That’s a bread I make every few weeks. My dad still makes about four loaves every week for themselves.

I have a blotkake recipe I got from his mom, my grandmother, that’s a special occasion recipe. I usually make that on May 17 for syttende Mai.

Latest Discussions