Last Poster #7

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thing has always bugged me. That people spend money on tactical pens.
They're not totally useless. They can be used to reinforce your hand, like the old roll of pennies trick. But they also just heavy pens. I've got one that I carry for the obvious reason. I like the way it writes.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post these. I saw the first one about 2 weeks ago

224132_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

This one I see every day I take my daughter to school. It is not as impressive, it is more nostalgic for me, because a friend of mine from High school had one of these. Had another friend who had the Scout II but I see this one a lot

1976-international-scout.jpg

The one my other friend had in high school was a lot like this, but I havr not seen one of these in yers

6051_24.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They're better because they're TACTICAL... don't you get it?
at least for the vendor.
'Tactical' = bocus money.
why buy polarized shades when you can spend 4 times as much on TACTICAL glasses...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Any pen I buy is bought largely on 2 criteria: how does it write, and how does it look. The latter costs more.

I suspect how it looks is why most folks buy tactical pens, too. 🤷‍♂️

That pen in the video writes under water.

Wow you can spend a lot of money to do that.

Last edited:
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That pen in the video writes under water.
Divers use signs for simple communication, but you'll rarely, if ever, see a tech diver without a slate and/or note pad.
I have a 3-page slate that straps to my forearm. It's used to record the dive plan. It's a reference for depths, time at a given depth, gas mixture for a given depth, depths for deco stops, how long each stop is, and what gas mixture you should be using.
I have a notebook in my pocket as well. Mostly for communicating something that can't be covered by sign language or whatever.
I might use a pen for the notebook, but the slate is erasable. Use a pencil and wipe it off.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Divers use signs for simple communication, but you'll rarely, if ever, see a tech diver without a slate and/or note pad.
I have a 3-page slate that straps to my forearm. It's used to record the dive plan. It's a reference for depths, time at a given depth, gas mixture for a given depth, depths for deco stops, how long each stop is, and what gas mixture you should be using.
I have a notebook in my pocket as well. Mostly for communicating something that can't be covered by sign language or whatever.
I might use a pen for the notebook, but the slate is erasable. Use a pencil and wipe it off.
So just a stone paper or something?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So just a stone paper or something?
Honestly, I don't know what they do to the paper. It has a kind of waxy feel. Other than that, it's just a regular notebook. Maybe 4"x6". Write, tear out the page, and toss it in the bin.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post these. I saw the first one about 2 weeks ago

224132_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

This one I see every day I take my daughter to school. It is not as impressive, it is more nostalgic for me, because a friend of mine from High school had one of these. Had another friend who had the Scout II but I see this one a lot

1976-international-scout.jpg

The one my other friend had in high school was a lot like this, but I havr not seen one of these in yers

6051_24.jpg
We had an I international Harvester dealer in town when I was a kid. My dad had a maroon 1/2 ton truck identical to this one but not 4-wheel drive.
1633208633857.jpeg
The thing was built like a tank but drove like one also.
I remember that it rusted out bad and we live in the south.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am so over this whole knee replacement recovery garbage.......

Just watched Rumble in the Bronx (Jackie Chan) and all I want to do now is go train something....stupid dang fake knee...... I think I'm going to ask for my old one back AND a cash refund too

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am so over this whole knee replacement recovery garbage.......

Just watched Rumble in the Bronx (Jackie Chan) and all I want to do now is go train something....stupid dang fake knee...... I think I'm going to ask for my old one back AND a cash refund too
Haha!!!! I gotta hear how that goes.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spent a large part of today looking at different progress bars and trying to figure out if progress was actually being made or if I needed to try again.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My eight month old pup bit me in the heel today. Two punctures that really hurt.

I love the dog, but if it happens again, she gets the dirt nap.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My eight month old pup bit me in the heel today. Two punctures that really hurt.

Hoping the pup gets it together. Bad place to get bit, no advice.....just......heal quickly.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dog's don't bite for no reason, brother. Something stressed her, or she got over-excited and forgot how to bite soft (if she was playing). Either way, she can be taught.

Latest Discussions