Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did not plan on it, but I did discover crutches are soooo much more stable than walkers..... I am using crutches now.... the walker they wanted me to use is now collecting dust
Interesting....
Glad you have something that works!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
cut my grass today.
Seems like such a waste when the neighbor has a goat she is feeding hey to...
But I don't want uncastrated billy goat on my propety.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did virtually nothing today, other than get out of my recliner, walk the length of my house, and get back into my recliner.... but at least I did not fall down..... PT tomorrow morning... this is gonna hurt

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did virtually nothing today, other than get out of my recliner, walk the length of my house, and get back into my recliner.... but at least I did not fall down..... PT tomorrow morning... this is gonna hurt
PT is nearly always painful. I remember the work they did after I had surgery on my toe. First appointment, they said the doc had requested "aggressive flexibility work". As if PT's aren't aggressive enough to start with...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
PT is nearly always painful. I remember the work they did after I had surgery on my toe. First appointment, they said the doc had requested "aggressive flexibility work". As if PT's aren't aggressive enough to start with...

OUCH!

I will know more in a couple hours.... not looking forward to this at all

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, the pain is temporary.
The benefits lasting. (I am not sure if I could go through with it, knowing how much pain I'll be in after. Alas at this point Ibuprofen takes care of my ouwies. So we talk again in a few)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Back from PT, and let me tell you, they're mean. I even asked if tapping out would work..... I was told no.... and yes, it did hurt

well, the pain is temporary.
The benefits lasting. (I am not sure if I could go through with it, knowing how much pain I'll be in after. Alas at this point Ibuprofen takes care of my ouwies. So we talk again in a few)

Ibuprofen....pffhhht...Tramadol, Tylenol 500mg, and Celecoxib

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Back from PT, and let me tell you, they're mean. I even asked if tapping out would work..... I was told no.... and yes, it did hurt

Yeah, we shall see, right!
But I am also a whimp

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Yeah, PT is tough in the beginning. I worked in a PT unit for four years.
BUT...it's gets better, gets less painful. How long does that take? Not telling you, nya, nya!

Seriously, my brother, hang in there. It always sucks early on. This too will pass.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
surprisingly, almost 1 week after surgery, had the worst night of sleep since the surgery...... maybe I will nap through the PT torture today
Physical therapists are all sadists. It's in the job description.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is it normal for cops to pull over people who have a bumper hitch?
We have had the truck for years, with said hitch on.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm still having problems with the new format our forum is using. I have trouble posting, I can't find threads that were visible just minutes ago, I couldn't post a photo if my life depended on it.

Maybe it's the piece of junk Apple computer I'm using. You know, the unhackable Apple, which has been hacked twice since I bought it four months ago.

Being on line is not only no fun anymore, it's aggravating.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still having problems with the new format our forum is using. I have trouble posting, I can't find threads that were visible just minutes ago, I couldn't post a photo if my life depended on it.

Maybe it's the piece of junk Apple computer I'm using. You know, the unhackable Apple, which has been hacked twice since I bought it four months ago.

Being on line is not only no fun anymore, it's aggravating.
What liar told you Apples couldn't be hacked?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder if with the prevalence of iPhones and Pads the hacking of apple products has become more interesting and profitable....
With the easy syncing of devices and people being careless with their phones (they keep their whole life on)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if with the prevalence of iPhones and Pads the hacking of apple products has become more interesting and profitable....
With the easy syncing of devices and people being careless with their phones (they keep their whole life on)
To be fair, a locked iPhone is extremely secure. Much more so than an Android phone. And the same is true for computers. The easiest way to access someones data these days is to get them to help you.

Imagine you're working the front office. I come in and say I've got a meeting with XXXXX, but I forgot to print some documents. I ask you to print them off for me. It's a virtual certainty that you will. And 10 seconds after you plug in the USB drive, I've got control of your computer. And once you're in one computer, it's much easier to get into others on the same network.

You do some crafty stuff. So I send you a link to a supply website that's running a big sale. I even make the URL a close match to the real place. You click and check out the sales. Again, I now own your computer.

As for phone... my phone is dead, can I borrow yours for just one minute? You unlock it and hand it over. I've got a little tiny gizmo that plugs into the power port. And it's pretty simple to plug it in without you noticing. And now I own your phone.

The programs to take over are really quite simple. The social engineering is the difficult part.

Latest Discussions