OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in a roundabout way it does..... I have many anti-bacon posts here on MT
If you're going to be wrong, you might as well be vociferously wrong, right?
Bacon good. Pineapple on pizza bad.
Simple.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Pineapple may be bad on pizza... but what about mango? If they put mango on a pizza, would you eat it then? I know I would. I'd slather it up with tomato sauce and wash it down with an ice cold Budweiser.

It's a simple question. If they put mango on a pizza, would you eat it? Just say yes and we'll move on.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pineapple may be bad on pizza... but what about mango? If they put mango on a pizza, would you eat it then? I know I would. I'd slather it up with tomato sauce and wash it down with an ice cold Budweiser.

It's a simple question. If they put mango on a pizza, would you eat it? Just say yes and we'll move on.
Honestly? I don't know. My initial reaction is NO, but it wouldn't be the first time something that didn't sound good turned out to be tasty. When a lady on Cozumel suggested I try the cucumber and jalapeno margarita, I did, but never expected it would actually be quite good. So I'd probably try it, but my expectations going in wouldn't be high.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does Apple still give their OS versions silly names? I'll never forget "Snow Leopard" LOL. So silly.
Yes. So does LINUX. The latest Ubuntu release is called "Focal Fossa" which definitely falls into the "huh?" category.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fecal fossa? LOL
I often wonder if the people who come up with these things ever give any thought to how it's going to be misread. I know the WTF changed their name to WT, because WTF?
But consider Toyotas specialty group, TRD. Did it never occur to them that it would be pronounced turd?
Or Subaru with their STI. Sexually Transmitted Infection? Who wants one of those???

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Does Apple still give their OS versions silly names? I'll never forget "Snow Leopard" LOL. So silly.

They stop using cats in 2012 with thier last cat was Mountain Lion...then Maverick showed up, then they went for mountains for a bit and now....the last 3, Mojave, Catalina and newest is Big Sur

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. I was looking through the wrong part of my bi-fecals. :D
Old Fart issue... I absolutely could NOT get used to bifocals (maybe bi-fecals would work better?) and eventually gave up. I now have two pair and swap depending on what I am doing.
Happily, I don't need to swap while diving. The inherent magnification of things underwater seems to make it unnecessary. So my mask has the close up lenses, for reading my computer and the labels on my tanks.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The mighty Bob did tweek things from time to time, once tweaked it and wiped out everyone's reputation points. We use to have a plethora of emojis and with every tweak and every change they decreased
Don't remind me!! The drama that ensued was... memorable. Yeah, that's one word for it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the sneaky suspicion the emojis were not strictly legit and he eventually pared them down.
Copyrights, and stuff.
we ost them all when the new guys took over.
Bob had wanted to move from the old vBulletin software, but out wasn't financially feasible. Forum Foundry moved us to Xenforo.. which was better in many ways. But we did lose some of the stuff we were used to.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I often wonder if the people who come up with these things ever give any thought to how it's going to be misread. I know the WTF changed their name to WT, because WTF?
But consider Toyotas specialty group, TRD. Did it never occur to them that it would be pronounced turd?
Or Subaru with their STI. Sexually Transmitted Infection? Who wants one of those???
Yea, after 44 years. Now that is really WTF.