Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Cantonese style Chicken Baozi for lunch

steamed-chicken-buns3.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Every time I search for The Hall of Remembrance the results come up with 2013 being the most recent, so I can never find it. Maybe it's because I have an Apple computer.

But anyway, former Heavyweight Boxing Champ, Ernie Shavers passed away. He was the hardest puncher of the great Ali/Frazier era. And that's saying something.

R.I.P

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Every time I search for The Hall of Remembrance the results come up with 2013 being the most recent, so I can never find it. Maybe it's because I have an Apple computer.

But anyway, former Heavyweight Boxing Champ, Ernie Shavers passed away. He was the hardest puncher of the great Ali/Frazier era. And that's saying something.

R.I.P

Hall of Remembrance is the the General Talk section

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Had to uninstall an old version of office and reinstall new version... A really simple thing. Called the lady, let her know how long it was going to take (about half hour give or take 5 minutes, assuming no issues). Normally try to keep them on the phone in case there are any issues, but this lady really didn't want to be on the phone. I told her that's fine, just be aware in about 5 minutes I'm going to restart your computer, and will need you to log in. Also, I'm creating a chatbox so we can communicate if there are any issues.

Well, five minutes in I restart, and she doesn't log in. I figure she's not actively looking, give her 5-10 minutes, no log in. Call her, no ringing just directly to voicemail. Send her an email, no response. At this point it's been right around 30 minutes and she just logged in as I was typing this. Get the feeling that initial estimate is no longer valid.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had to uninstall an old version of office and reinstall new version... A really simple thing. Called the lady, let her know how long it was going to take (about half hour give or take 5 minutes, assuming no issues). Normally try to keep them on the phone in case there are any issues, but this lady really didn't want to be on the phone. I told her that's fine, just be aware in about 5 minutes I'm going to restart your computer, and will need you to log in. Also, I'm creating a chatbox so we can communicate if there are any issues.

Well, five minutes in I restart, and she doesn't log in. I figure she's not actively looking, give her 5-10 minutes, no log in. Call her, no ringing just directly to voicemail. Send her an email, no response. At this point it's been right around 30 minutes and she just logged in as I was typing this. Get the feeling that initial estimate is no longer valid.

I feel your pain.

Once had to do a remote desktop session to a users PC, asked them to log off or restart, they said they would. I waited a couple minutes and hen tried to connect.... they shut down and went home for the day.

Had another I explained what I needed to do and told to save everything and log off, they said they were logging off now. I did remote desktop and it came up as someone logged on....waited a few minutes... tried again... still someone logged on.... called the user, a
Me: were going to log off...
User: I'm to busy to log off....Can't you do this while I work?"
Me: no, I explained this already.
User: well I'm to busy, can you do this after 6....
Me: no, I leave at 5....
User, Well, then work late
Me: No
User: Doesn't anyone work in IT
Me: Yes, until 5:00
User: Well I can't do this now, call back later
Me: No...you call me when you're ready, between 9:00 am and 4:00.
User: Thought you worked toll 5:00
Me: I do, it will take an hour to do what I have to do, an I leave at 5:00
User: I guess IT is just lazy, I want to talk to your supervisor
Me: He's gone for the day
User: now yelling, "NOBODY WORKS THERE I GUESS!"
Me: Yes we do, have a good evening

Ended reporting this to my CIO, who was my boss. He called the office, found out this was an intern. My CIO had a rather long talk with the Director of that regional...I have no idea what happened to the intern, but I never did get a call back

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Update. Issue with the install so had to restart again. I know she was on her computer as she replied to the chatbox moments before. Messaged her that I was restarting and to log in again. Took another 10 minutes for her to log in after it powered back on. And now is fighting me for control of her computer as I try to fix.

Latest Discussions