Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just spent an hour in an urgent care waiting to get my youngest a required covid test to return to school. She has no symptoms, they just require a test.....after 45 minutes I asked them how much longer....I was told not long.....15 minutes later...when I asked about rescheduling, because she had an online class to get to...they said sure, no problem, Covid testing starts at 11:45......it was 10:00

Is it any wonder, under the current vaccine rollout plan in my state, that experts are estimating it will take 14 years.....when they have made testing so confusing.

At the beginning of her school year it was a contact form, a video visit and then show up and get the test done....apparently that was way too quick, easy and efficient

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just spent an hour in an urgent care waiting to get my youngest a required covid test to return to school. She has no symptoms, they just require a test.....after 45 minutes I asked them how much longer....I was told not long.....15 minutes later...when I asked about rescheduling, because she had an online class to get to...they said sure, no problem, Covid testing starts at 11:45......it was 10:00

Is it any wonder, under the current vaccine rollout plan in my state, that experts are estimating it will take 14 years.....when they have made testing so confusing.

At the beginning of her school year it was a contact form, a video visit and then show up and get the test done....apparently that was way too quick, easy and efficient
Xue, I am sorry you and your daughter have to go through that cxxp.

Agree. One of the saddest, most confusing, most unabashed, and unnecessary money makers ever created. So big and pushed so hard that the driving forces cannot even keep up with what is supposed to be happening.

People have not just become sheep. They have become compliant to the point they are not even aware it is happening.

Just yesterday I was asked if I had plans to have my people vaccinated. I emphatically said no. I then asked why would it matter anyway with the very long waiting list in my area. Then asked if we needed to put the project on hold until we or someone else can get vaccinated. My customer just smiled and said to proceed with the project.
Of course we are all taking the necessary safety measures (daily temp check and masks when necessary). But it has been business as usual for the most part here. Just a few inconveniences here and there.

Folks this thing is the biggest joke I have ever seen in my 57 years.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue, I am sorry you and your daughter have to go through that cxxp.

Agree. One of the saddest, most confusing, most unabashed, and unnecessary money makers ever created. So big and pushed so hard that the driving forces cannot even keep up with what is supposed to be happening.

People have not just become sheep. They have become compliant to the point they are not even aware it is happening.

Just yesterday I was asked if I had plans to have my people vaccinated. I emphatically said no. I then asked why would it matter anyway with the very long waiting list in my area. Then asked if we needed to put the project on hold until we or someone else can get vaccinated. My customer just smiled and said to proceed with the project.
Of course we are all taking the necessary safety measures (daily temp check and masks when necessary). But it has been business as usual for the most part here. Just a few inconveniences here and there.

Folks this thing is the biggest joke I have ever seen in my 57 years.

We go back tomorrow, to sit in the car and wait. Got to do what you got to do. Her school requires it and likely will require the vaccine too.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We go back tomorrow, to sit in the car and wait. Got to do what you got to do. Her school requires it and likely will require the vaccine too.
It's a shame that the process is so painful. Getting the swab test literally takes 30 seconds or less, if they know what they're doing. It doesn't have to be a big deal. That said, I don't know whether a test is going to be all that helpful. I mean, as a snapshot, it's fine, but unless the tests are administered regularly or according to some kind of protocol, it doesn't seem like it would help all that much.

Vaccines, when available, just makes sense, IMO.

That said, if this sort of safety theater gets things moving again, I'm all for it. Get kids safely back to school, get the restaurants safely reopened. Just do what we need to do.

Sort of like the security theater we went through in airports after 9/11. It didn't actually make us safer, but it made us feel safer, and that's fine sometimes.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It's a shame that the process is so painful. Getting the swab test literally takes 30 seconds or less, if they know what they're doing. It doesn't have to be a big deal. That said, I don't know whether a test is going to be all that helpful. I mean, as a snapshot, it's fine, but unless the tests are administered regularly or according to some kind of protocol, it doesn't seem like it would help all that much.

That said, if this sort of safety theater gets things moving again, I'm all for it. Get kids safely back to school, get the restaurants safely reopened. Just do what we need to do.

Sort of like the security theater we went through in airports after 9/11. It didn't actually make us safer, but it made us feel safer, and that's fine sometimes.

I'm not against the vaccine, I will get it, not sure my wife will. But they need to fix the system because 14 years is way to long

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Unfortunately there are too many people who act like it never happened and go out to party.
After Alabama won, thousands upon thousands flooded the street, all in close contact, to celebrate.
Our hospitals are at capacity as we speak, in a week to 2 there will be hell to pay for this foolishness.

But down here football is more important than life and death.
And you thought we were kidding about this! ~facepalm~

Taipan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Question;

I see this is a popular thread. What is the point behind it?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Question;

There isn't really one. Technically, at some point after 10,000 posts, a mod will come along and close it, and whoever was the last person to post at that time is the "winner". It's really just a place for people to talk about miscellaneous things/whatever comes to mind/treat as a semi-chat box.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Question;

it a game.
and we use it to sneak something vaguely meaningful into the conversation.
It's just a friendly chat like we would have at the table for regulars at the pub.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Gonna do some baking tonight, I think. Going between some chocolate thumbprint cookies with vanilla bean buttercream or a chocolate cake with an earl grey tea buttercream frosting (and a caramel drizzle on top).

Cookies or cake? It's a dilemma

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna do some baking tonight, I think. Going between some chocolate thumbprint cookies with vanilla bean buttercream or a chocolate cake with an earl grey tea buttercream frosting (and a caramel drizzle on top).

Por que no los dos?

My vote would be cookies though.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am down with the Earl gray but it needs nothing else to be fantastic hot.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
20210116_103702.jpg
20210116_103438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.