Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Frankly its a mess, It appears to me we have one side that wants a dictatorship and the other that wants a one party system.....and who else has a one party system..... Russia and China......I do realize this is a bit of an extreme view, but then my current attitude is fairly poor too.

And I'm not trying to be funny here but I saw this online and it is a good example of how I feel about 2021....and I hope I am very wrong

dbkrddb-eb7c0584-b757-4873-90f7-1a83d86d160d.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There is and always will be a place for a rational, conservative perspective (e.g., small government, business oriented, fiscally conservative, anti-abortion, pro-gun, etc), and I don't believe for a moment that there will ever be a one party system in this country as a result of liberal efforts to provide universal healthcare or expand the USA's social safety net. However, a one party system is very likely under a fascist, autocratic government. There are legitimate disagreements about priorities, but the foundations of our democracy should never be a question. And right now, it's clear that we are teetering on the brink of autocratic fascism. Any actual patriot, in particular anyone who has sworn at any point in their lives to protect and defend the constitution, should be alarmed at how close we are to becoming what we have literally fought world wars to prevent.

Also, it really bothers me to know that we have some of these fascists on this forum.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First, I ain't no fascist...

Second...working from home, pursuing the internet, and occasionally watching TV...is basically annoying the heck out of me...So...I shall now monitor my office from my phone....log off.....turn off and read a book.......Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict... I doubt it will annoy me as much and it might just do me some good...this is of course....depending on if my eyes work...another annoyance and side effect of 4 eye surgeries

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Second...working from home, pursuing the internet, and occasionally watching TV...is basically annoying the heck out of me...So...I shall now monitor my office from my phone....log off.....turn off and read a book.......Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict... I doubt it will annoy me as much and it might just do me some good...this is of course....depending on if my eyes work...another annoyance and side effect of 4 eye surgeries
I don't think he meant you.
the people aren't as obvious anymore as they were when the Study was a free for all and a certain troll shilled his opinions in his basement.
He had a few followers and like minded people.

I don't recall you being among them.

Alas.
back to the usual program.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I don't think you're a fascist, Xue. Not at all.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Went down a rabbit hole and stumbled on kehcorpz's old posts. That guy was a trip.
billc, twinfist, and big don are the ones I remember. Holy cow. Particularly billc. Unless I'm misremembering, I think he was a large part of the decision to prohibit political discussions.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
billc, twinfist, and big don are the ones I remember. Holy cow. Particularly billc. Unless I'm misremembering, I think he was a large part of the decision to prohibit political discussions.
Kehcorpz wasn't one of those, he was around after politics were banned. He was one of the "I want to start training! Oh, but not that, but this youtube video says X is bad, but this video says X is good, so maybe I can't trust either, and should try Y instead, oh but are instructors trustworthy", for about 6 months without ever starting.

I don't remember twinfist, but I'd bet both billc and big don were large parts of why the study banned politics. And it didn't do much initially..I think both of them just moved to the weapons forum and started talking about the politics of gun control instead. Unless I'm getting my people mixed up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
On the topic of rabbit holes and thinking about the study, my posts from 8 to 10 years ago regarding legalization of weed were downright prophetic. I called this one 8 years ago:
On that front, I'd say we are less than a decade before seeing it legal in most, if not all of the 50 states.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Kehcorpz wasn't one of those, he was around after politics were banned. He was one of the "I want to start training! Oh, but not that, but this youtube video says X is bad, but this video says X is good, so maybe I can't trust either, and should try Y instead, oh but are instructors trustworthy", for about 6 months without ever starting.

I don't remember twinfist, but I'd bet both billc and big don were large parts of why the study banned politics. And it didn't do much initially..I think both of them just moved to the weapons forum and started talking about the politics of gun control instead. Unless I'm getting my people mixed up.
Twinfist was a true curmudgeon, back when, surprisingly, the TKD and WC forums were actually generating most of the work for the moderation team. He is/was a TKD guy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't think he meant you.
the people aren't as obvious anymore as they were when the Study was a free for all and a certain troll shilled his opinions in his basement.
He had a few followers and like minded people.

I don't recall you being among them.

Alas.
back to the usual program.

I did not think he did, I just want to clarify....and I started avoiding the study back in the mighty Bob Hubbard days

I don't think you're a fascist, Xue. Not at all.

I did not think you did.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is and always will be a place for a rational, conservative perspective (e.g., small government, business oriented, fiscally conservative, anti-abortion, pro-gun, etc), and I don't believe for a moment that there will ever be a one party system in this country as a result of liberal efforts to provide universal healthcare or expand the USA's social safety net. However, a one party system is very likely under a fascist, autocratic government. There are legitimate disagreements about priorities, but the foundations of our democracy should never be a question. And right now, it's clear that we are teetering on the brink of autocratic fascism. Any actual patriot, in particular anyone who has sworn at any point in their lives to protect and defend the constitution, should be alarmed at how close we are to becoming what we have literally fought world wars to prevent.

Also, it really bothers me to know that we have some of these fascists on this forum.

And that's all I'll say about that.
As far as the party system; I have said all my adult life that I do not think it will ever fully work until there are three legitimate parties. That way things can never end in a tie.

It is incredibly puzzling how strongly one can agree and disagree with what you are saying at the same time but I am definitely there. How anyone frames the extremes of our countries political issues in this context is just bizarre, quite circular and just plain weird.
Who out there is pushing for an autocratic government? Possibly certain liberal factions but I do not believe they represent the democratic party.

I 100% agree with the level of alarm there should be right now. I imagine some enemies of our country are saying "damn, that was easy We should try that".

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, BillC and his basement.
I think Carol had him FB friended, and he has since disappeared from the usual airwaves.
I think he was a troll,
Or if he was for real he has now found better playgrounds with fewer rules.
I don't think he ever posted in the actual MA forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions