Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am sure you will all want to know this vital information - I finally figured out what my "De-stress muscle gel" is for. It's when you do a 2.5 belly dancing workshop with one of the world's leading dancers (my friend and mentor Horus Mozarabe), and then you remember you are almost entirely out of video clips for your TikTok nature walk videos, so you take a four-mile walk along a mountain (winding, up-and-down) road. I am too old for this crap.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great to hear

Great to hear from you. I pray all is well and you stay safe.
Thank you. We had a nasty scare with my dad a few weeks ago. Thought it was COVID at first - it was hard to tell, since he was given a Ukrainian test, which has about half the sensitivity of the German and US tests. So, he tested negative, but some of the symptoms didn't look good. Then it turned out it wasn't COVID after all, but a two-sided viral pneumonia.... which is a questionable toss-up, since he is 74. But he did battle his way through, and I had enough earnings from my audiobook sales to send him more money to cover additional medical bills. 2020 strikes again....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My neighbor's dog wanted to eat mine yesterday.
We got lucky, she only got a couple of small punctures on the neck.
But damn, it was scary

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you. We had a nasty scare with my dad a few weeks ago. Thought it was COVID at first - it was hard to tell, since he was given a Ukrainian test, which has about half the sensitivity of the German and US tests. So, he tested negative, but some of the symptoms didn't look good. Then it turned out it wasn't COVID after all, but a two-sided viral pneumonia.... which is a questionable toss-up, since he is 74. But he did battle his way through, and I had enough earnings from my audiobook sales to send him more money to cover additional medical bills. 2020 strikes again....
That is great, great news. I hope he continues the road to recovery in record time.
It is hard to see the blessings sometimes but having the extra money when you did sounds like the timing was very fortunate.
2020, ugg.

Oh, and it is Great to see you post again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
2020 hates me and it just won't leave me alone

So far this month.....My clothes washer died.....bought a new one....and a new dryer...Mrs ue wanted them to match. Tonight the refrigerator decided it was an oven......just bought one of those...and none of these...will get here, until the first part of January

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I may have a problem. The grocery store I go to had a sale where you buy one bag of lifesavers and get another bag free. The problem is I bought so many packs of gummy lifesavers! And. Got so many free. I bought them throughout the week. The deal lasted a couple of days. I walk past them ,and go... buy one get one free! Just grab the coupon and two bags stupid! I don't care if you got some at home! Its buy one get one freeeee!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighbor's dog wanted to eat mine yesterday.
We got lucky, she only got a couple of small punctures on the neck.
But damn, it was scary
Dog fights are always scary. Fortunately, I've only been witness to one that was more than a couple of bites.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020 hates me and it just won't leave me alone

So far this month.....My clothes washer died.....bought a new one....and a new dryer...Mrs ue wanted them to match. Tonight the refrigerator decided it was an oven......just bought one of those...and none of these...will get here, until the first part of January
Sounds like more fun that you signed up for.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have a problem. The grocery store I go to had a sale where you buy one bag of lifesavers and get another bag free. The problem is I bought so many packs of gummy lifesavers! And. Got so many free. I bought them throughout the week. The deal lasted a couple of days. I walk past them ,and go... buy one get one free! Just grab the coupon and two bags stupid! I don't care if you got some at home! Its buy one get one freeeee!
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love the "may have a problem".

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the fine print it says for every coupon the recipient must double the length of their walk to receive said coupon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions