Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, I forgot....what a cult it was, back in the 80s....and about the guy who bought himself 'book 5 of the trilogy' (harhar) on a school trip to England (well Wales, but I believe he bought it in Oxford. Yep, THAT Oxford!)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Happy Mama's Day.

d59f7ee699ea7c50464ab0ba08652a82--mothers-day-cards-funny-mothers-day.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man, I have to stay off my laptop late night. Catching a little buzz and buying your friends things online is WAY too much fun and way to easy.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, I have to stay off my laptop late night. Catching a little buzz and buying your friends things online is WAY too much fun and way to easy.
Let me send you a bottle of the good stuff and a list of things I need....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My wife has banned me from looking at auction sites, like ebay or shopgoodwill. I am far too susceptible to bidding on "good deals."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aw, man. My wife likes to keep clean windows. A Japanese White Eye just tried to fly through what it thought was an opening. It's happened before. But I could tell by the sound this one would not be revived. It wasn't.

I shall raise a toast to the little fella' tonight.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Aw, man. My wife likes to keep clean windows. A Japanese White Eye just tried to fly through what it thought was an opening. It's happened before. But I could tell by the sound this one would not be revived. It wasn't.

There's a breezeway at the headquarters in Baltimore that they eventually enclosed entirely in glass. Bird suicide was so frequent they put bird clings on the entire thing to deter the birds from flying into the windows. I can only imagine how alarming it would be walking along this long, glass enclosed breezeway (former breezeway?) and have a large bird smack into the window at full speed.

Well, sorry about your little guy, there @Buka .

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I keep feeling a compulsion to send care packages to people.
I feel it, too, but it usually stops at the hassle of finding a box and going to the post office.
Which reminds me, I need to box up yarn my mom gave me money for....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I used to have a birdfeeder outside by the front door (damn squirrels, had to take it down)
now and then I heard a KNOCK on the storm door....a bird had flown into it.
I ended up putting window clings on there aI got after Easter on clearance.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My partner is getting tested for Covid tomorrow... she has some symptoms and now in Aus it's advised that if you have any mild cold symptoms you should get tested. Can't be at work until it comes back negative. She's sure it's just a cold, but see how we go..

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My partner is getting tested for Covid tomorrow... she has some symptoms and now in Aus it's advised that if you have any mild cold symptoms you should get tested. Can't be at work until it comes back negative. She's sure it's just a cold, but see how we go..
My prayers for all the best for you and yours.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keeping fingers crossed

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll drink a whiskey for her this evening to send her some good vibes.

Seriously, I hope all turns out well and it's just a cold.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Fingers crossed man. I've had several friends, family and coworkers coworkers get it. Some were/are very sick. One was out of work for 5 weeks and in ICU for 27 days. I think, for those it hits, it hits hard. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions