Muddy-Faced-Lion-2.jpg
Kitty!
f8a0d93f0a30aa293c1b8e9c249bdc25.gif

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I was at home I would have had whole wheat spaghetti with either meatballs made of turkey of this Tofu thing I have that Mrs Xue bought. There is no red meat in my house.....

And before anyone asks or says anything...there is no bacon in my house either

How about chocolate?

BaconChocolate.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right? They can do the two things they are constantly told not to do - climb stuff and play in the mud. What's not to love?

Our kids are constantly told it's fine to play in mud and climb stuff.

I firmly believe it's that sort of stuff that means they're not allergic to everything in the world and they're not childhood obesity statistics...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Chocolate is OK with me....but it can't have bacon in it...and I can appreciate a goof 72 to 88% cocoa dark chocolate too.... but there can be no bacon in it...that would be wrong and blasphemes.....but after my last blood test...Mrs Xue told me Chocolate was not OK...this makes me sad :(

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chocolate is OK with me....but it can't have bacon in it...and I can appreciate a goof 72 to 88% cocoa dark chocolate too.... but there can be no bacon in it...that would be wrong and blasphemes.....but after my last blood test...Mrs Xue told me Chocolate was not OK...this makes me sad :(
Mrs Xue don't have to know nothin!
book2.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back! The week off helped out...probably going to be a bit less active, but still here :)
Welcome back, glad to have ya here :).

We've just been discussing all the lovely creatures that could be found in mud.

That and bacon crept into the mix somehow...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, and it's now been one week and 11 hours since I stopped smoking :angelic:

Went into town this evening for an event - very nearly acted like a sanctimonious ex-smoker with deliberate and exaggerated coughing :D

(Seriously, was not a pleasant experience getting hit by cig smoke...)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, and it's now been one week and 11 hours since I stopped smoking :angelic:

Went into town this evening for an event - very nearly acted like a sanctimonious ex-smoker with deliberate and exaggerated coughing :D

(Seriously, was not a pleasant experience getting hit by cig smoke...)
That's awesome! Are you doing anything to help you quit, or did you just go cold turkey?

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessary, if there was bacon in my house I would jsut have to call a Hazmat team
Who do you think I was going have handle the delivery? If you don't have any bacon, it's clearly an emergency, and rates emergency response!

Though they'll probably have to stage for the cops to make the scene safe...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's awesome! Are you doing anything to help you quit, or did you just go cold turkey?

Switched to vaping instead. So kind of cheating in a way, but...

95+% less "harmful" (according to PHE and others - there are still risks but the overwhelming scientific opinion is massively in it's favour).
90+% cheaper (ongoing cost, excluding equipment setup).
Ability to extremely accurately control nicotine levels (which I'm still getting tuned).

Previously tried most of the nrt systems, tried cutting down, tried just stopping - apparently I have almost zero willpower as I've not gone without for more than 3 days in the last ~28 years (and that 3 days was due to illness) :banghead:

Noticing a positive difference in how I feel physically and mentally. No tar stains on my fingers, teeth are getting cleaner, no mouth feeling like the bottom of a parrot's cage every morning :depressed:

Honestly, should have done it years ago.

My new best friend:

15399972085011594157068.jpg

The wife switched at the same time too, and she's noticing the same sort of improvements herself.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Switched to vaping instead. So kind of cheating in a way, but...

95+% less "harmful" (according to PHE and others - there are still risks but the overwhelming scientific opinion is massively in it's favour).
90+% cheaper (ongoing cost, excluding equipment setup).
Ability to extremely accurately control nicotine levels (which I'm still getting tuned).

Previously tried most of the nrt systems, tried cutting down, tried just stopping - apparently I have almost zero willpower as I've not gone without for more than 3 days in the last ~28 years (and that 3 days was due to illness) :banghead:

Noticing a positive difference in how I feel physically and mentally. No tar stains on my fingers, teeth are getting cleaner, no mouth feeling like the bottom of a parrot's cage every morning :depressed:

Honestly, should have done it years ago.

My new best friend:

View attachment 21836

The wife switched at the same time too, and she's noticing the same sort of improvements herself.
That's great, good for you guys! Yeah, e-cigarettes/vaping is a great way to wean down/reduce, much safer. Even if you decide to continue vaping, as long as you control the amount that you vape (if you were only smoking half a pack a day, don't just vape 24/7), its a much less unhealthy option. The one thing that I warn people about-if you start smoking again, stop vaping immediately. Otherwise, a lot of people will end up smoking the amount that they used to, and vaping on top of it. That's the biggest concern, but outside of that its definitely effective, as you've already noticed.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's great, good for you guys! Yeah, e-cigarettes/vaping is a great way to wean down/reduce, much safer. Even if you decide to continue vaping, as long as you control the amount that you vape (if you were only smoking half a pack a day, don't just vape 24/7), its a much less unhealthy option.

Something I've found is it's somewhat self controlling in comparison.

I'd light a cig and not be in the mood for it after a couple of puffs, but feel compelled to finish it... Or, I'd be working on something and just have one in my gob all the time and almost not notice...

I can pick this up, have a puff, put it down and carry on.

The one thing that I warn people about-if you start smoking again, stop vaping immediately. Otherwise, a lot of people will end up smoking the amount that they used to, and vaping on top of it. That's the biggest concern

Personally, I can't see why I'd start smoking again... But I have seen people with nic patches and a cig - that can't be fun.

A weird recommendation from me though - get two devices.

Electronic things fail, batteries go flat, glass tanks break if you drop them - have spares ;)

outside of that its definitely effective, as you've already noticed.

There's still a willpower component imo.

All our smoking stuff went straight away.

If it was still hanging around there's many times I think I would've picked it up purely on reflex. I've definitely 'caught myself' reaching for it for absolutely no reason.

I think I would've been able to turn down an offer easily enough (definitely could now), but if it was still at home / in the car / in my pocket I probably would've lit up without thinking.

One thing I've yet to notice is a change in stamina or fitness during training. Maybe that'll change, but I was relatively fit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.