Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Think I may nutted out what this nausea/coughing has been all about... think it may be reflux related. As soon as I took bicarb in water my nausea really eased dramatically, and coughing has almost completely gone.

Apparently reflux can cause coughing (irritation in oesophagus/throat etc), who knew! That didn't happen last time... but at least we have some progress... And the nausea makes sense too. All of it does, the last time I got reflux bad was also during a very anxious, stressful period. Kinesiologist emphasised dooooown-regulating everything, slowing down and more grounding practices. Thus will be my 'spiritual' focus at the moment :)

Haven't done any karate training in weeeeeeks and weeks.. finally feel well enough to, so gonna do some now!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Think I may nutted out what this nausea/coughing has been all about... think it may be reflux related. As soon as I took bicarb in water my nausea really eased dramatically, and coughing has almost completely gone.

Apparently reflux can cause coughing (irritation in oesophagus/throat etc), who knew! That didn't happen last time... but at least we have some progress... And the nausea makes sense too. All of it does, the last time I got reflux bad was also during a very anxious, stressful period. Kinesiologist emphasised dooooown-regulating everything, slowing down and more grounding practices. Thus will be my 'spiritual' focus at the moment :)

Haven't done any karate training in weeeeeeks and weeks.. finally feel well enough to, so gonna do some now!
That... was...... awesome!!!

Did some nonstop kihon, ido geiko (moving basics) patterns from my old style (surprised I still remembered all 8!), Pinan Yon kata a couple of times, and finished with a few grounding exercises, and did a slow breathing Tensho kata with the lights off. All of this while having base chakra music/picture on in the background.

WHAT IS THIS HIPPY DIPPY HOKEY NEW AGEY KARATE?!?!?!?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, it appears the reason for my still having trouble walking normally after almost 8 weeks after the surgery (8 weeks tomorrow) is because a muscle (either the Rectus femurs or the Vastus medialis, based on where they kept poking) is hard as a rock and feels like it is in constant spasm. Would explain why there are times I cannot bend it and when I do it feels like something is being bent and pulled.

If this is still the case at my next PT session, I will be returning to the MD to see what he has to say.

Mrs Xue did acupuncture on it this morning, but she is off to China for a week

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears the reason for my still having trouble walking normally after almost 8 weeks after the surgery (8 weeks tomorrow) is because a muscle (either the Rectus femurs or the Vastus medialis, based on where they kept poking) is hard as a rock and feels like it is in constant spasm. Would explain why there are times I cannot bend it and when I do it feels like something is being bent and pulled.

If this is still the case at my next PT session, I will be returning to the MD to see what he has to say.

Mrs Xue did acupuncture on it this morning, but she is off to China for a week
What? A muscle in constant spasm makes you walk oddly? Wuss.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What? A muscle in constant spasm makes you walk oddly? Wuss.

Yup...and I got me cane ya young whipper snapper and I AIN'T afraid to use it neither.....now slow down so I can catch up to ya.....

cartoon-grumpy-old-guy-waving-his-cane-by-toonaday-9470.jpg

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, did anyone notice we are pushing 6,000 posts on this? Anyone else sees the distant glimmer of the coveted "last poster" title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions