Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. @gpseymour can explain it better, but basically, I translate, write, and publish all the time, in addition to my full-time job. So, when I say "I published some books today", there is no big book release party or anything - it's just something that happens around here. :)
Yeah, at an alarming rate. By alarming, I mean it's really hard to feel like you've accomplished much when you update a website or produce several training sessions' worth of documentation, and find out your wife has - after work - published another book. Folks who know me often think I'm really quite accomplished, well-read, and active. The Hobbit makes sure I never believe that hype. :cool:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well congrats anyways! You should totally throw a launch party for every single one of your publications though XD
Our livers can't survive that. If you only count one platform (paper, Kindle, or Audible), she has more than 100 works published.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well...I successfully talked myself out of the Turkey Rubin and into a vegie wrap....took an hour...but I managed it....and I am now on day 3 of changing my eating habits back to closer to, but not quite, vegetarian
Don't do it. I'm pretty sure that's a cardinal sin. Eat meat.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well...I successfully talked myself out of the Turkey Rubin and into a vegie wrap....took an hour...but I managed it....and I am now on day 3 of changing my eating habits back to closer to, but not quite, vegetarian
Jokes and bacon aside, I don't understand sticking to any diet if it feels like mental and/or physical punishment. Aren't the benefits counteracted by the stress?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just lost 30 seconds of my life trying to think of what that could stand as a euphemism for. Don't do that to me before I finish my first cup of coffee!

Sometimes, suggesting something is a euphemism is enough to make it so (in limited circles).

Along those lines, here's something you may remember next time the subject is raised:

"Hither, buxom wench. I have a pressing desire to give your book a darn good publishing."

:D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, suggesting something is a euphemism is enough to make it so (in limited circles).

Along those lines, here's something you may remember next time the subject is raised:

"Hither, buxom wench. I have a pressing desire to give your book a darn good publishing."

That sounds like a line from Black Adder...

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Wow.... you are talented. I think you should write a "Book of euphemisms that weren't".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

The phrase I tend to use is, "is that code?" Makes almost anything sound naughty.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jokes and bacon aside, I don't understand sticking to any diet if it feels like mental and/or physical punishment. Aren't the benefits counteracted by the stress?

What stress? The stress actually occurs when I eat what I know I shouldn't.... when I eat what I should, no stress, and a feel great too. The craving itself, is only a craving, not real hunger, and I try not to give into them. Do this long enough they go away and stop bothering me. If it was not for the hip issue I had a few years back that stopped my exercising I'd still be happily eating like I should. But when I could do nothing but sit the cravings returned and I gave in and went changed back to closer to my old eating habits..... which has gotten me to where I am today..... more in another post soon.... and this is why I am working to return to my old ways of eating....there was no stress, I felt better and had little pain, heck I tripped, and caught myself in Norway and I was certain I'd be limping for days and much to my surprise I was fine. Currently if I take the stair down I end up limping.... I am also currently 22 ponds heavier than I was when I was a semi-vegetarian in Norway

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Easily one of my favorite snack foods.

You're almost there....

1ir63p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions