AngryHobbit
Senior Master
Is that what that's called?To clarify for other folks, the Hobbit made it to the top of that obstacle, and physically could make it over, but her acrophobia kicked in and she couldn't make herself move to the transition.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Is that what that's called?To clarify for other folks, the Hobbit made it to the top of that obstacle, and physically could make it over, but her acrophobia kicked in and she couldn't make herself move to the transition.
There is a timed wave - I think it's at 8:00 am - if you want to compete for time. There are some mutants who scale the whole thing in under 30 minutes. If memory serves, the kid who won the men's timed race last year was 14 years old and did it in 23 minutes. The other waves are non-competitive. If you are doing this with a team, you can all agree in advance whether you are going to run for it or not. I can't run so I do a little ceremonial jog for the first quarter of a mile just to pacify the Warrior Dash gods, and then we walk. @gpseymour does run when he goes solo.Looks like a blast. It is an actual race or does each person go at their own pace? I am really slow but would love to do this in May when it comes to Nashville.
I know I keep trying to drag you all into this with us but seriously... I DO understand this is not for everyone. I get it - honest. I have friends whom I adore and consider my siblings from other mothers - and they won't do it with me because they just really hate mud and cold slimy water. They are plenty fit, just don't want to get dirty, and getting dirty is really kind of the point. That said, if you don't have a mud allergy like @Xue Sheng and have a Warrior Dash going on somewhere within driving distance (not 27,000 miles away) - give it a shot. The Dash now offers three types of events - 1 mile, 5k, and 10k. So, if you are REALLY not sure, try the 1 mile one with 6-8 obstacles (@gpseymour stop laughing - they really haven't had a chance to do an exact count yet), and see how you like it. If you can bring a friend or several to go at with you - even better. It's always nice to have some one to cheer you on when you get stuck.Try it with friends. You will like it; after the initial shock that is.![]()
I know I keep trying to drag you all into this with us but seriously... I DO understand this is not for everyone. I get it - honest. I have friends whom I adore and consider my siblings from other mothers - and they won't do it with me because they just really hate mud and cold slimy water. They are plenty fit, just don't want to get dirty, and getting dirty is really kind of the point. That said, if you don't have a mud allergy like @Xue Sheng and have a Warrior Dash going on somewhere within driving distance (not 27,000 miles away) - give it a shot. The Dash now offers three types of events - 1 mile, 5k, and 10k. So, if you are REALLY not sure, try the 1 mile one with 6-8 obstacles (@gpseymour stop laughing - they really haven't had a chance to do an exact count yet), and see how you like it. If you can bring a friend or several to go at with you - even better. It's always nice to have some one to cheer you on when you get stuck.
I wrote up a blog post covering the highlights from this year's event, so take a peek if you are interested. The obstacle names are hyperlinks that will take you to a description, photos, and 3D models of the obstacle.
A mind lively and at ease: Warrior Dash obstacle review - Covington, GA - 2019
I need to have one of those.Tomorrow I have the type of MD appointment where you really hope they can figure out what the heck is going on and why I feel so lousy much of the time...while at the same time not wanting to know what they find...if they find anything at all.....
There are competitive waves, but I've never been in one. I've only ever once been able to run the entire thing - the last one before my knees and foot put the kibosh on my distance training. Even if you walk a good bit, it's still a lot of fun.Looks like a blast. It is an actual race or does each person go at their own pace? I am really slow but would love to do this in May when it comes to Nashville.
Yes. Same root as "acrobat", which is from that Latin "acro" for "heights" and "bat" for "batshit crazy".Is that what that's called?
Hey, good luck with that, brother.Tomorrow I have the type of MD appointment where you really hope they can figure out what the heck is going on and why I feel so lousy much of the time...while at the same time not wanting to know what they find...if they find anything at all.....
You need new friends.I don't have that kind of friends!![]()
I hope to try the 1 mile course to see how I do.There are competitive waves, but I've never been in one. I've only ever once been able to run the entire thing - the last one before my knees and foot put the kibosh on my distance training. Even if you walk a good bit, it's still a lot of fun.
Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder are the two I've done (as has the Hobbit), and they have similar-looking obstacles, but with a different character. Warrior Dash is designed around solo assault. If you are tall enough and have good strength-to-weight ratio, you can do every obstacle on your own. Tough Mudder is designed to require teamwork on some of the obstacles, and others make it necessary for most (including the moderately fit like myself). The slightly longer version of Tough Mudder (it was 10 miles, but I forget how long it is now - they've changed the distances) also includes some more difficult solo obstacles that rely more on hand/arm strength.
Goodness me, whyever would I do a thing like that?Why am I getting the impression that at least part of that....was a jab at me![]()
That makes A LOT of sense.Yes. Same root as "acrobat", which is from that Latin "acro" for "heights" and "bat" for "batshit crazy".
The key portion to notice about @gpseymour 's post is - if you are short, pudgy, and only moderately fit, you are a wee bit screwed during Warrior Dash and MAJORLY screwed for Tough Mudder.I hope to try the 1 mile course to see how I do.
What about if your mobility just stinks?The key portion to notice about @gpseymour 's post is - if you are short, pudgy, and only moderately fit, you are a wee bit screwed during Warrior Dash and MAJORLY screwed for Tough Mudder.![]()
Great blog. Very, very interesting.I know I keep trying to drag you all into this with us but seriously... I DO understand this is not for everyone. I get it - honest. I have friends whom I adore and consider my siblings from other mothers - and they won't do it with me because they just really hate mud and cold slimy water. They are plenty fit, just don't want to get dirty, and getting dirty is really kind of the point. That said, if you don't have a mud allergy like @Xue Sheng and have a Warrior Dash going on somewhere within driving distance (not 27,000 miles away) - give it a shot. The Dash now offers three types of events - 1 mile, 5k, and 10k. So, if you are REALLY not sure, try the 1 mile one with 6-8 obstacles (@gpseymour stop laughing - they really haven't had a chance to do an exact count yet), and see how you like it. If you can bring a friend or several to go at with you - even better. It's always nice to have some one to cheer you on when you get stuck.
I wrote up a blog post covering the highlights from this year's event, so take a peek if you are interested. The obstacle names are hyperlinks that will take you to a description, photos, and 3D models of the obstacle.
A mind lively and at ease: Warrior Dash obstacle review - Covington, GA - 2019
Go for it - have fun with it!I hope to try the 1 mile course to see how I do.
If you mean leg joint mobility (range of motion), there are places where that can make the obstacle more difficult - getting a leg over the top, etc. In many of them, it wouldn't be an issue. If it's arm joint mobility, some of the overhead stuff might be tough to reach. If it's inability to get off the couch, well, they won't bring the mud to your couch.What about if your mobility just stinks?
If you mean leg joint mobility (range of motion), there are places where that can make the obstacle more difficult - getting a leg over the top, etc. In many of them, it wouldn't be an issue. If it's arm joint mobility, some of the overhead stuff might be tough to reach. If it's inability to get off the couch, well, they won't bring the mud to your couch.![]()
Sounds like a new event, Xue. You in?Yeah, but it is much easier to bring mud to the couch, than it is to bring the couch to the mud![]()