Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my tax refund...impulsively bought an oculus rift which should arrive tomorrow. Then I'll get to find out if my/my fiancee's laptops will run it well.

You guys sound like a bunch of math teachers! All this talk about measurements and kilagrams. You people are making me think...
ezgif.com-crop%20%2810%29.gif
We can talk about my master thesis instead. "Computerized Kinematic Analysis of Spherical Four-bar Linkages".

I've been living in the south since 1999 - I don't think they are aware of the existence of the metric system of units around here. It's "bit", and "smidgen", and stuff like that.
metric is the sign of the devil!
Can't even fix your chevy without metric wrenches anymore.

OK, but just as soon as you apply the gravitational constant (6.67408 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2) to define a (ribbed) algebraic r-bundle to be a sheaf F of groupoids on a colocally ringed module X to be a map, along with a cofinal morphism r: X--> CoCoStack(X) in the category of topological spaces with an affine rib (r*).

Theorem: For any (co)-ribbed algebraic r-bundle V, let VHex be the hexagonal suspension of V* in the category of outer (ribbed) monoids on Hex(X). Let R be a finite fluted k-scheme. Then VHex is flat over Rribbed
You know I WAS totally gonna mention that but thought it would be too obvious...

OK, but just as soon as you apply the gravitational constant (6.67408 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2) to define a (ribbed) algebraic r-bundle to be a sheaf F of groupoids on a colocally ringed module X to be a map, along with a cofinal morphism r: X--> CoCoStack(X) in the category of topological spaces with an affine rib (r*).

Theorem: For any (co)-ribbed algebraic r-bundle V, let VHex be the hexagonal suspension of V* in the category of outer (ribbed) monoids on Hex(X). Let R be a finite fluted k-scheme. Then VHex is flat over Rribbed
Well, of course. That goes without saying.

I've been living in the south since 1999 - I don't think they are aware of the existence of the metric system of units around here. It's "bit", and "smidgen", and stuff like that.
We're barely aware of the Imperial system of measurements. "From here to yonder" is a perfectly acceptable expression of length.

biguns and littleuns. You would be amazed how many people I have seen who only know how to read a tape measure this way. Start talking 1/8ths and 1/16ths and they glaze over.
I do see the metric system. Most stamping done now is measured with it. Much easier when you get used to it. Over time we have programmed blocks that we use on GUI that display both units. Basically copy/paste.
I have a customer in KY who makes cutting tool inserts. their tolerance is +/- .000010. Now that is tough to maintain.

metric is the sign of the devil!
Can't even fix your chevy without metric wrenches anymore.
I grew up with metric. So, I can't for the life of me understand WHY, there have to be twelve inches in a foot or 5280.019685 feet in a mile. That just makes no sense.

We're barely aware of the Imperial system of measurements. "From here to yonder" is a perfectly acceptable expression of length.
I think I need a refresher regarding the difference between "yonder" and "yonderways". I finally managed to sort out the difference between "y'all" and "all y'all".

Well..... I must put this out there as a warning and a bit of advice.... I tried something yesterday..... it was labeled as Kielbasa..... it was Tofurky Kielbasa.... and I have to say..... it was horrible..... maybe...just MAYBE if it was slathered in Ketchup and/or mustard it might be palatable.... but all by itself..... just plain bad

385495011_0_640x640.jpg

that-disgusting-memes.jpg

biguns and littleuns. You would be amazed how many people I have seen who only know how to read a tape measure this way. Start talking 1/8ths and 1/16ths and they glaze over.
I do see the metric system. Most stamping done now is measured with it. Much easier when you get used to it. Over time we have programmed blocks that we use on GUI that display both units. Basically copy/paste.
I have a customer in KY who makes cutting tool inserts. their tolerance is +/- .000010. Now that is tough to maintain.
Wow... that is CLOSE. Whew.... how do they even measure that?

Geometrical dimensioning and tolerances was one of those classes for me that was eminently useful but just as frustrating. First of all, we had to learn to function both in English and in metric systems. Metric was ok for me, since I grew up in Ukraine, but English damn near killed me. Also, regardless of the system, when you get to crap like surface roughness, cilindricity and circularity, you just want to go drown yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back