Status
Not open for further replies.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, yes you are...

That'll learn you to bring up Bacon in my presence :D

It's so worth it.

And honestly, the dancing doesn't bother me at all - if you want real punishment you'll have to watch me dancing.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We are all doomed to dance thanks to you
muahh.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just had bacon.

Sausages were planned, but due to a shopping error beyond my control we were left utterly devoid of sausages.

I was not upset.
You are tough. Sausage shortages cannot undermine your courage and determination.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your story of amusement for today:

Got home yesterday, discovered the filter on the washing machine is clogged. Tried to remove it - it won't budge. I have preposterously small, dwarfish hands with short stubby fingers. The thing is NOT moving - it's in there solid.

I text @gpseymour (who is in India training staff for a technology implementation), asking if there is a trick to it. Meanwhile, watch videos - no I am definitely doing it right. It's just stuck.

There is a storm coming - I desperately want to get all the laundry done before it hits. Gerry says - it's sometimes tight even for him. ****. I could call a plumber or a handyman, who will probably charge me $50 just to walk through the door. Ok.

Gerry tries calling me this morning -our main line is shot. Probably after the thunderstorm. ****. We finally connect via cell phones. Develop strategy. I am trying not to go nuts. I still have work to do too - fortunately working from home today, so no one can hear me swear in three languages. I grab a piece of scrap leather and a pair of pliers from Gerry's work bench, wrap the leather around the knob, clamp on with the pliers, give it a solid wrench and a whack with a mallet, extend my ki (this is very important) - and it FINALLY moves.

It takes a few more twists, but the filter comes out. In fairness, the machine had a good reason to complain - the filter was packed SOLID with animal hair (hmmmmm.... I wonder where that came from). Cleaned it, put it back in, put the tools away, laundry is underway. And that is my courageous story.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
#26 posts down only 9,974 posts to go until 10,000. We're practically halfway there. Naturally of course... I will win.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is why i get to work early...just spent 27 minutes looking for a parking place
Don't have that problem... but a single complication on the way in can easily add 20 to 30 minutes, so I generally arrive quite early.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really don't miss a standard commute into work.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont mind the commute, if most of the time im hanging out in the parking lot reading. If i had to spend an extra half hour driving each day, i would not be okay with that

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont mind the commute, if most of the time im hanging out in the parking lot reading. If i had to spend an extra half hour driving each day, i would not be okay with that

Meanwhile I get out of bed when everyone else is stuck in traffic, then walk the kids to school, go back home for a cup of tea and get ready for work.

But as a counter, the only sitting down I get to do is driving between jobs - the rest of the time I'm walking with a mower, up a ladder cutting hedges, digging, raking, sawing...

Today, I was doing that in drizzle.

Still, wouldn't go back to IT work, or office work.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In the last two weeks, my afternoon train has been very late three times. Once due to mechanical issues on another train down the line, once because a guy was sleeping under a rail car, and once because a person was run over and killed by an earlier train. I normally don't mind the train at all, but it's been weird recently.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the last two weeks, my afternoon train has been very late three times. Once due to mechanical issues on another train down the line, once because a guy was sleeping under a rail car, and once because a person was run over and killed by an earlier train. I normally don't mind the train at all, but it's been weird recently.
At least those won't (hopefully) continue to happen. My parking issues seem very small next to people being on train tracks though.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
WLOS (the same local TV station where I did a segment on physical therapy a year and a half ago) was going to do a set of segments about the local YMCA, including Zumba. We were going to get together VERY early tomorrow (the shoot was starting at 5 am) and do a sort of abbreviated class for them. Despite the time, we were all looking forward to it.

Well... they cancelled the shoot because of the stupid storm, even though it's going to be fairly nice here tomorrow. I think they must have sent a bunch of their people to the coast to cover the storm and are now too understaffed to cover the Y. We all agreed they were missing out. It would have been loads more fun to cover Zumba.

Not to miss out on anything, Kathy (our instructor) attempted to kill us all with the Zumba class that was all fast songs with one exception, which was a song that was 100% squats. Good times were had by all. :)

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
trained in BJJ (Gracie Barra) yesterday. been a very long time. as much as i tried to go easy with a lot of free rolling, on the way home i noticed my side hurts, not sure if its just a pulled muscle or a cracked rib. it sucks getting old and im a little depressed being injured on the first day.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
trained in BJJ (Gracie Barra) yesterday. been a very long time. as much as i tried to go easy with a lot of free rolling, on the way home i noticed my side hurts, not sure if its just a pulled muscle or a cracked rib. it sucks getting old and im a little depressed being injured on the first day.

sissy......says the guy who had to quit JKD because his knees hurt and his eye was bad :D

Hopefully it is nothing or the worst is only a pulled muscle.... hope you recover soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions