Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My sunburn is going away now that's good, last week I got a sunburn and last Saturday I got a sunburn on that sunburn (too stubborn to put on sun screen) but all is good now :cool:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just spoke with a Korean War POW. He had an accident (well someone hit his car) He had such a happy outlook on life it was neat. He said "Son, look at my date of birth." he was born in 1930. I said sir you look great for your age (which he did). He smiled and said "ha look good I feel Good" and started dancing on the side of the road. That was a fun accident

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
nice one :)

i had a good workout this morning :) right legs is getting better real quick :) had another scan on it and they said that everything was knitting together just fine so am well happy :) they said that i could start to put weight through it - so i use the crutches to take most of my weight but instead of keeping my leg off the floor they want me to try "walking on it" - basically i can put it straight but my arms still take the brunt of the forces :)

it's really good progress and am really happy - doctor was non-plussed when i told him that i was holding the strike pads at muay thai he said that so long as i wasn't hurting then it's fine by him :)

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
doctor was non-plussed when i told him that i was holding the strike pads at muay thai he said that so long as i wasn't hurting then it's fine by him :)

Non MA people will never quite understand our: (pick all that apply) enthusiasm, obsession, weirdness, drive, passion, mania, fervor, drive, compulsion, preoccupation, fascination, vigor.........

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Non MA people will never quite understand our: (pick all that apply) enthusiasm, obsession, weirdness, drive, passion, mania, fervor, drive, compulsion, preoccupation, fascination, vigor.........

My wife and her entire family (and most of them live in China) think I'm "martial arts crazy".

Same with my family, but they do not differentiate levels of enthusiasm. If I went once a month, or 7 days a week... they would have the same opinion.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score

I like enthusiasm especially on kotekitai(arm and leg conditioning) . It's all good especially when you go up against people who have trained a while, then you get to strike faster and faster and FASTER :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Driving in today I head a rather interesting line in a song that I don't generally listen too...

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
Song: Closing Time
Band: Semisonic

It was rather appropriate to my day

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
...just returned from helping out at 3 rounds of belt testing TKD - good test and was SO proud of one kid I've been helping with his form - he has struggled for weeks on this form and today - he nailed it!! :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wife worked today…..Youngest is sick had to go to urgent care….oldest had to go to his SATs today…had to get him there and pick him up….got lunch for everyone…. Made dinner for everyone including desert…washed all he dishes…some by hand….don’t know why but I was worn out…..wife came home….I went to my bedroom and laid on the floor in Savasana …. felt myself realign…and heard about 6 different joints crack as I hit the floor…and another 3 or 4 as I laid there…..after 15 minutes I got up and felt pretty good and I am now going to go do some training

Savasana

Savasana.gif

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wife worked today…..Youngest is sick had to go to urgent care….oldest had to go to his SATs today…had to get him there and pick him up….got lunch for everyone…. Made dinner for everyone including desert…washed all he dishes…some by hand….don’t know why but I was worn out…..wife came home….I went to my bedroom and laid on the floor in Savasana …. felt myself realign…and heard about 6 different joints crack as I hit the floor…and another 3 or 4 as I laid there…..after 15 minutes I got up and felt pretty good and I am now going to go do some training

Savasana

Savasana.gif

what exactly is savasana??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions