Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
today feels like a good day, nice cross breeze, though it would be better if it were sunny but beggars cant be choosers. maybe work on Kata, bunkai-kumite, or free sparring... and maybe for lunch a nice turkey sandwich wheat bread and a glass of orange juice(its good to be healthy!)

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
one more step in the pre-employment process - have to pass a drug/alcohol screening....(let's see, I haven't had a drink in more than 2 years and I wouldn't touch
drugs if you paid me - yup, think I'm safe! :) )

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're fine, just watch for unintentional sources of alcohol such as cold medicine or mouthwash. Most places will pass you with a .01 for just that reason but best to not test that theory.

False positives are quite rare, but they can happen. If it does, you generally have the right to speak to a Medical Review Officer. An MRO is a doctor who supervises the tests.

But my money is on you being busy fine :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
do I mind driving over and shoveling for my Mom? - NO - she's 70 years old and raised 5 of us on her own...THIS I don't mind..

SHOVELING snow on APRIL 3rd/4th - THIS I MIND!!!! that's all I'm saying!!!

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know......there are times at work you have to look the idiocy straight in the face, smile, and turn and walk away..... this is one of those times

Are you sure that we don't work at the same place? This sounds very familiar.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pro tip: I'm very low maintenance. If you ask me out to dinner, I am not picky about where we go, or who pays, or any of that stuff. I'm happy to have a chance to enjoy a quiet place to talk and maybe get to know you better.

But if getting to know you means getting to see you making fun of young man who brought you to the table and gave you a menu -- just because he said he has Asperger's -- you can pretty much guarantee that the next time you ask me to dinner, my answer will be no.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pro tip: I'm very low maintenance. If you ask me out to dinner, I am not picky about where we go, or who pays, or any of that stuff. I'm happy to have a chance to enjoy a quiet place to talk and maybe get to know you better.

But if getting to know you means getting to see you making fun of young man who brought you to the table and gave you a menu -- just because he said he has Asperger's -- you can pretty much guarantee that the next time you ask me to dinner, my answer will be no.

good for you!! sounds like someone I saw the other day who spent most of his time talking to the waitress.. :/

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yah that's not good. No one is perfect, I get that. But basic decency is pretty important

But, I'm going to the mountain tomorrow to spend the day on the trail so its all good :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just got home from passing my 3rd keup test (4th of 5 review tests between 1st and 2nd Dan) at TKD!!!

One more review test in October and if that goes well, I'll be eligible to test for 2nd Dan in April 2015!!!!!!! :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:(
Just got home from passing my 3rd keup test (4th of 5 review tests between 1st and 2nd Dan) at TKD!!!

One more review test in October and if that goes well, I'll be eligible to test for 2nd Dan in April 2015!!!!!!! :)

:highfive:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions