Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just wrong

Weatherman today

Tonight will be below zero....-1 to -10.. Ok I have no problem with that but this next bit

And we hope it gets to -10 because it will actually be warmer.....huh!!!!

Apparently at -1 it will be rather windy making it feel like -20 but at -10 the wind dies down and it feels much closer to -10....now that ain't right

that is a new one on me......welcome to winter in the Adirondacks...aaaa.... I guess :confused:

I think I am staying down here, thankyouverymuch.....
Had to hear the 'But you are from Germany, you must be used to cold temperatures!' about twice this last week.

No. I have been here for 20 years, at 72, I am cold, turn on the heat. NAO!

Ok, I might concede if I get rich enough, I shall rent a nice house in Vermont or so, Spend Christmas through New Years there, then go back to my Beach house on the golf coast! :D

(as if...)

I think I am staying down here, thankyouverymuch.....
Had to hear the 'But you are from Germany, you must be used to cold temperatures!' about twice this last week.

No. I have been here for 20 years, at 72, I am cold, turn on the heat. NAO!

Ok, I might concede if I get rich enough, I shall rent a nice house in Vermont or so, Spend Christmas through New Years there, then go back to my Beach house on the golf coast! :D

(as if...)

Tell them you're from southern part of Germany :D

My wife is from Northern China and I cannot tell you how many people ask her what she thinks of the cold weather here.....she says same, just less windy, which generally shocks people because we all know China is rather tropical :rolleyes::D

A friend of mine who is from way north China, Heilongjiang province, was once asked (on a rather cold day here) what he thought of winters in upstate NY since he was from China...his response....he thought they were quite nice and warm :D (avg temp where he comes from in the winter is -20F)

Hey I was one of the dozen or so people actually born in Florida and I love the cold...use to have a job that got me out in -20 from time to time...... but telling me that it will be warmer when the temperature is lower is just WRONG!!!!

My wife is from Northern China and I cannot tell you how many people ask her what she thinks of the cold weather here.....she says same, just less windy, which generally shocks people because we all know China is rather tropical :rolleyes::D

A friend of mine who is from way north China, Heilongjiang province, was once asked (on a rather cold day here) what he thought of winters in upstate NY since he was from China...his response....he thought they were quite nice and warm :D (avg temp where he comes from in the winter is -20F)

Hey I was one of the dozen or so people actually born in Florida and I love the cold...use to have a job that got me out in -20 from time to time...... but telling me that it will be warmer when the temperature is lower is just WRONG!!!!

I remember going through cold weather survival school in the military and we had to sleep put in the snow several nights with no shelter. I remember them saying cover yourself in snow because the temp stays warmer then exposed air. That never made a bit of sense to me but it worked. It was like a mind trip

Our police cars have vinyl floors. with all the snow I have about 2 inches of water on my floor boards sloshing aroud since there is no drain. I think that's why my boots are leaking they are saturated and cant keep the water out anymore

Our police cars have vinyl floors. with all the snow I have about 2 inches of water on my floor boards sloshing aroud since there is no drain. I think that's why my boots are leaking they are saturated and cant keep the water out anymore

You have a sidearm don't you.....BANG...instant drain :D

LOL.
I think it's a matter of appropriate clothing.
They don't sell good stuff around here.
Sadly, my 'good' jackets are slowly biting the dust: I tore my GOOD jacket at the last away game in November...releasing down feathers like puffs of snowflakes....the other warm jacket, well, I have had it since high school, and that has been quiet a while back....it is still warm, but I am looking like a bum wearing it.

And I can't find any decent shoes....:(

LOL.
I think it's a matter of appropriate clothing.
They don't sell good stuff around here.
Sadly, my 'good' jackets are slowly biting the dust: I tore my GOOD jacket at the last away game in November...releasing down feathers like puffs of snowflakes....the other warm jacket, well, I have had it since high school, and that has been quiet a while back....it is still warm, but I am looking like a bum wearing it.

And I can't find any decent shoes....:(

Carhartt artic coat and Sorel Boots... the last forever, still have them and it is what I wore working the tree farm in the mountains of Pennsylvania in the winter

Carhartt artic coat and Sorel Boots... the last forever, still have them and it is what I wore working the tree farm in the mountains of Pennsylvania in the winter

I need GIRL sizes though....
I think the ladies down here don't ever leave the house/minivan.... :rolleyes:

Ive seen that happen before

See... its easy :D

I know a department where a LEO was actually cleaning his gun in the office and it went off....went directly through the Sargent's chair....luckily the Sargent had just got up to go get a coffee....same guy took out his windshield in the cruiser.... I think that was before almost shooting his Sargent.... he did not work there long

That's awesome mauthos! Very happy for you!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I know a department where a LEO was actually cleaning his gun in the office and it went off....went directly through the Sargent's chair....luckily the Sargent had just got up to go get a coffee....same guy took out his windshield in the cruiser.... I think that was before almost shooting his Sargent.... he did not work there long

​Any relation to Gomer?

Still on a massive high after 17 months of fighting for my little girl and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted. This afternoon to celebrate I am taking her to a gigantic soft play centre and then out to the local pub for a huge meal. Things are looking good for this year :)

Lol yep see several stupid things over the years. I remember once on a building search a guy had his flashlight in his left and gun in his right hand. As we were going through the house he fires a shot. He said "I was trying to turn on my flash light and turned on my gun.". Last I heard he's a manager at a dennys someplace. The guy that shot the car was showing a new guy how to do a functions check on his AR15. He didn't check to see if it was loaded and pulled the trigger put a round through the truck, back set, and driver seat. He was having a bad day. A few hours later his trainee fired a shot in a supermarket. Its called railway market and they have model trains they got an alarm call and found door open. As they were searching one of the trains was on a motion sensor as he walked by the train let out a loud whistle and he jumped and pulled the trigger. I could do this all day. We got more holes in our locker room then I'd care to count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back