Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you lived in the sticks where NO ONE delivers, you would think differently.
Delivery what? Homemade pizza is better than delivery pizza anyways and when I make pepperoni pizza I put pepperoni on like a blanket. You won't even see the cheese when I'm done. :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Delivery what? Homemade pizza is better than delivery pizza anyways and when I make pepperoni pizza I put pepperoni on like a blanket. You won't even see the cheese when I'm done. :D
Ah, that's different. I can dig home-made pizza - that counts as cooking. :)

Have you ever tried replacing pepperoni with andouille sausage? Or with salami? Nomnoms!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm really not. I don't like crowds for lots of reasons, among them being the "target rich environment" sought by mass killers. But there are other reasons.
So no, I don't go to new super popular movies. I wait a couple weeks, and avoid the crowds. It's never failed. We've neither been shot at, nor ever had to worry about getting seats together.
That's pretty sad .

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There is a movie theater in Charlotte that pretty much ruined me for life. They serve real food there - there is a little table that folds out of your seat, you press a button, a waiter comes over, you order from the menu, and it's pretty good food too. They have wine and cocktails too. It's awesome. And, somehow, they'd gotten the whole operation going so smoothly, it's not distracting at all. You would think all the waiters moving around with plates and such would divert from the movie - but it doesn't.
It took a long time for us to catch up . There was a theater in Germany that did all this back in 1989 when I was stationed there . I always wondered why we didnt have these in america. Glad they exist now.

Personally, I don't need dinner and a drink ad much, but I do like reserved seats and a little elbow room .

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the newer theaters, there are many fewer seats, so it is never really crowded, even when full.

Ours still has airplane seats.

In the history of crowded theaters, there's a vanishingly small percentage of people who've been shot at. I used to go to movies on opening weekend all the time. I never even heard an argument. Also never had trouble getting seats together.

Sure, and as I said that's just one of many reasons I don't like crowds. Another reason would be the stinky people. And screaming children. And douche bags using their phones during the movie. All things that are easier to avoid by avoiding the crowds.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It took a long time for us to catch up . There was a theater in Germany that did all this back in 1989 when I was stationed there . I always wondered why we didnt have these in america. Glad they exist now.

Personally, I don't need dinner and a drink ad much, but I do like reserved seats and a little elbow room .
It's just... nice... It's not cheap. A friend of mine and I actually save up for a movie trip about once every 6 months - and go there to luxuriate. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ours still has airplane seats.

Sure, and as I said that's just one of many reasons I don't like crowds. Another reason would be the stinky people. And screaming children. And douche bags using their phones during the movie. All things that are easier to avoid by avoiding the crowds.

That's what you need. :)
1.png

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't generally go to the movie theater.....every now and then I use to go if the kids wanted to go...but one of those kids is now in college and the other does not seem to be interested in going so I tend not to go.... just not that important to me I guess...don't need the distraction.... could also be that many of the movies I want to see are not in English, are martial arts based and I get them on Chinese cable...but even then.... I don't watch them much either

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't generally go to the movie theater.....every now and then I use to go if the kids wanted to go...but one of those kids is now in college and the other does not seem to be interested in going so I tend not to go.... just not that important to me I guess...don't need the distraction....

We still have a drive in here. That can be fun. They have fairly good burgers (including a bacon burger!) and such, and for $9.50 a person you get a double feature.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We still have a drive in here. That can be fun. They have fairly good burgers (including a bacon burger!) and such, and for $9.50 a person you get a double feature.

Well I believed you until you said there were good burgers with bacon..... right there I knew you were making the whole thing up...because there is no such thing

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I believed you until you said there were good burgers with bacon..... right there I knew you were making the whole thing up...because there is no such thing
There is indeed such a thing - I have been known to have me a good bacon burger in me days.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just misread a procedure description reading "CARDIAC REHAB W ECG MONITORING" as "Cardiac rehab with egg monitoring". This created an interesting mental image.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had one near our previous house. In 7 years living there, we never did get around to actually going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions