Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckerooBonzai

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Their saying it was suicide. Sad.

Yes, he was found on the bathroom floor of his hotel with a cord around his neck.

Seems strange as he did not seem depressed on social media or in the concert that night. I wonder if it was a David Carradine sort of thing? (although I really have no idea what happened to him and probably never will)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
According to those who knew him, he's battled demons all his life. You can hear a lot of that in his music.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
He did seem like an intense, brooding kind of guy, but Kurt Cobain-like? No, I didn't read any signals of that. I mean, you could tell in a lot of Kurt's interviews he didn't think much of himself. (Example: sometimes he would talk more about his musical influences than his own songs.) Chris never seemed that way.

I am a bit confused on the details though. He was found on the floor, but then they say suicide by hanging? How did he get on the floor? Did whatever was holding him up give way?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. A wonderful talent is gone, and that's sad no matter how he went.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oldest is home from college...for a couple days
Offered to mow the lawn today... then told me about
He now as a paid research job in Plasma physics that he can do anywhere as long as he has a Wi-Fi connection :)
He, and a few friends, now have their own place off campus :confused:
He might be going to China for a couple weeks :cool:
and then the he came up with the big one...another job....he has.... helping build schools....in NEPAL. :eek:
And then back to college in the fall.....:)

Mrs Xue us all for it so..... I guess I just get out of the way and hope for the best...

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
in NEPAL.

giphy.gif

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn, I enjoyed my work (or lack thereof) so much this morning that I didn't even take my "AM" break until 12:00PM!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not sure what's for lunch today, but probably not Chinese.

Cooked a ribeye for dinner. Nice, 2" thick, USDA Prime ribeye. Used the sous vide and finished in a cast iron skillet. It was so good. This one steak was more than enough for my daughter, wife and I to eat along with a salad.

I call that Medium Rare, but some might say it's closer to rare than that. It was warm all the way through.

This weekend, I'll be able to fire up the grill. Looks like the weather is going to be magnificent.
steak.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lunch today will be two chicken sandwiches with mayo, (white meat) a bowl of mac and cheese, tomato juice and an apple.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure what's for lunch today, but probably not Chinese.

Cooked a ribeye for dinner. Nice, 2" thick, USDA Prime ribeye. Used the sous vide and finished in a cast iron skillet. It was so good. This one steak was more than enough for my daughter, wife and I to eat along with a salad.

I call that Medium Rare, but some might say it's closer to rare than that. It was warm all the way through.

This weekend, I'll be able to fire up the grill. Looks like the weather is going to be magnificent.
View attachment 20726

I love steak seared in cast iron skillets.

I might have to hit Does up tomorrow for a 3 lb porterhouse.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He did seem like an intense, brooding kind of guy, but Kurt Cobain-like? No, I didn't read any signals of that. I mean, you could tell in a lot of Kurt's interviews he didn't think much of himself. (Example: sometimes he would talk more about his musical influences than his own songs.) Chris never seemed that way.

I am a bit confused on the details though. He was found on the floor, but then they say suicide by hanging? How did he get on the floor? Did whatever was holding him up give way?

I guess in the end it doesn't matter. A wonderful talent is gone, and that's sad no matter how he went.

You can hang yourself on the floor if you are really trying. People in prisions do it. Because there is often no convenient roof supports for just that reason.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Back in Germany after London......had a great time trying to keep the 7 yo from getting run over by the Underground for four days. :banghead:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Went on vacation a few weeks back, used a rental car. Just got a speeding violation charge from the rental company. 2 interesting things here.

1) at the time of the violation I was checking into the hotel, therefore it would have had to been the valet who took my car to park it.

2) there is no record of this violation on the companies website where I have been directed to go to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions