Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
?? The rental company gave you a ticket for speeding or a city gave you a ticket from a speed camera?

The speed camera gave the vehicle a ticket which belongs to the rental company and the rental company got the ticket, now they are charging me plus a fee.

I will have to pay the rental company, if they actually have a record of it in their system. The letter I received from them says there should be a record of it, but so far they cannot find a record of it when I contacted them.

However it is highly likely I will be complaining to the hotel because based on time of ticket I was in the hotel checking in and the valet had the car.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The speed camera gave the vehicle a ticket which belongs to the rental company and the rental company got the ticket, now they are charging me plus a fee.

I will have to pay the rental company, if they actually have a record of it in their system. The letter I received from them says there should be a record of it, but so far they cannot find a record of it when I contacted them.

However it is highly likely I will be complaining to the hotel because based on time of ticket I was in the hotel checking in and the valet had the car.
357large.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

Crazy....I hate the speed cameras they are just B.S.

But with it being a rental complicates it. Normally I tell people to just trash speed camera tickets.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went on vacation a few weeks back, used a rental car. Just got a speeding violation charge from the rental company. 2 interesting things here.

1) at the time of the violation I was checking into the hotel, therefore it would have had to been the valet who took my car to park it.

2) there is no record of this violation on the companies website where I have been directed to go to view it.
It has been my experience that the rental car companies aren't very good at their record-keeping. I got a $1,500 charge for damages to a car. When I called to check on it, the VIN in the records didn't match the VIN of the car I had rented. The guy on the phone immediately told me not to worry about it when he discovered that.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Crazy....I hate the speed cameras they are just B.S.

But with it being a rental complicates it. Normally I tell people to just trash speed camera tickets.
But not in Germany....
they send you a very clear picture of yourself doing the misdeed.

My mom got one with my brother-in-law and a woman not my sister....
what fun!
:)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

If this was in the US, I think I'd do some investigating before I paid anything. You have the right to face your accuser and question them in court. That invalidates speed cameras. They're used, because most people will just write the check, but I'm under the impression that they will not stand up in court.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
But not in Germany....
they send you a very clear picture of yourself doing the misdeed.

My mom got one with my brother-in-law and a woman not my sister....
what fun!
:)
Were they smiling? Good pictures always show people smiling.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, after a long tournament day of competing, judging,
and coaching - I can announce that I took third in Forms
and the 2 kids I coached each took 3rd in sparring, one
of them losing a heart breaker in overtime by one point..

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If this was in the US, I think I'd do some investigating before I paid anything. You have the right to face your accuser and question them in court. That invalidates speed cameras. They're used, because most people will just write the check, but I'm under the impression that they will not stand up in court.

Typically, they aren't criminal citations. They are a civil type citation.

That is what is B.S.

In criminal court the burden of proof is heavier for the govt, but in civil court the Govt does have as much burden to prove.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Ironically it was in Washington DC.

I will be contacting the rental company and the ticketing agency this week. I will also likely be contacting the hotel too

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my oldest friends here in Germany co-owns an ultralight plane. He took us and the kids for spins today.....great adventure for the little ones.....they'll have quite a bit to brag about when we get back home.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my oldest friends here in Germany co-owns an ultralight plane. He took us and the kids for spins today.....great adventure for the little ones.....they'll have quite a bit to brag about when we get back home.
That sounds like tons of fun. If I could go back in time and add one thing to my life, it would be getting my pilot's license in my 20's. I've never gotten around to it, and at this point maybe never will, but I really love flying in small aircraft of all sorts.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So...Mrs Xue wanted 3 bushes in the backyard removed...she tells me if I cut them down, she will dig them out....so I go out....cut them down, dig the roots out..... and they are gone..... go back into the house and what do you think the first thing she said was...........

"Why did you wait until the hottest part of the day, you should have done it earlier"

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounds like tons of fun. If I could go back in time and add one thing to my life, it would be getting my pilot's license in my 20's. I've never gotten around to it, and at this point maybe never will, but I really love flying in small aircraft of all sorts.

You don't have to have a license for an ultralight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions