Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they have that old wooden floor creak sound as you walk and train on them.

It’s a great dojo.

We are friends with the owner. He retired a few years ago and now one of his students runs it. But he really built a nice place to train.
A good dojo also has concrete floors. Gotta have something to practice throws on.

I'm planning on doing the Colorado Mile this fall. I'm expecting 190's. It's possible I could top 200, but if I do I'll get kicked out for not having a full cage.
So stay at 199.9... or put a cage in. Do you want a cage like the one I use? We've got both half and full cages... not sure how well they'd fit in a Vette, but I suppose the vendor might work with you... Probably couldn't be any worse squeezing a prisoner into the back of a Vette than one of the Police Interceptor (it's not a Taurus!! Ford says so, and Ford never fibs...)...

In some parts of Texas, it's 85. Which is cool. Because then my normal speeds are closer to the limit, which minimizes the fines.
One of the things I've learned is that if you're outside Colorado and get a moving violation, it's just a fine. No points on your license, and no hit on your insurance rates. As long as you pay the fine. If not, Colorado will suspend your license. I don't know if this is true in other states, but it's true in Colorado, and since that's where my license is from it's all I really care about. Another reason I enjoy road trips. :)
Lawdy... I'm gonna get serious here...

It all depends on how the state's DMV decides to handle out-of-state offenses, and how they handle points at all. Some will match it (as best they can) against their tables, and assign the points based on that (that's pretty much what VA does). Others simply throw up their hands and say it don't matter (like, apparently Colorado). Probably also depends on how the state handles points at all. In Virginia, DMV assesses the points according to the Driver Improvement Program guidelines. I know, for example, in Maryland, that judges can waive points. You can't do that in Virginia -- yet someone asks just about every court date I have. (The joys of working in a tri-state plus region) As to sharing the info -- there's this thing called the Interstate Driver's Compact which pretty much all 50 states have signed off on. They agree to support each other in enforcement, and among those agreements is to suspend a driver who hasn't paid their fines -- once notified. Which might take a while... Among other benefits of the Compact... it lets a cop release a driver from out of state on a summons rather than requiring them to answer immediately and have bond set, and since they're not local, that would mean being taken in front of a magistrate --in plain words, arrested for a traffic violation.

Lawdy... I'm gonna get serious here...

It all depends on how the state's DMV decides to handle out-of-state offenses, and how they handle points at all. Some will match it (as best they can) against their tables, and assign the points based on that (that's pretty much what VA does). Others simply throw up their hands and say it don't matter (like, apparently Colorado). Probably also depends on how the state handles points at all. In Virginia, DMV assesses the points according to the Driver Improvement Program guidelines. I know, for example, in Maryland, that judges can waive points. You can't do that in Virginia -- yet someone asks just about every court date I have. (The joys of working in a tri-state plus region) As to sharing the info -- there's this thing called the Interstate Driver's Compact which pretty much all 50 states have signed off on. They agree to support each other in enforcement, and among those agreements is to suspend a driver who hasn't paid their fines -- once notified. Which might take a while... Among other benefits of the Compact... it lets a cop release a driver from out of state on a summons rather than requiring them to answer immediately and have bond set, and since they're not local, that would mean being taken in front of a magistrate --in plain words, arrested for a traffic violation.

I think in NYS they can shoot you for speeding...but only if you are texting and eating ice cream at the same time :D

Been a long time since I had to deal with (study) VTL but I believe in NY points are given out based on how high over the posted limit you are going and Massachusetts may have a mandatory suspension at some point, also dependent on how far above the posted limit you were traveling....like I said, it has been a long time and I could be wrong and I don't even know were my VTL is to look it up...and even if I did I have not gotten any updates in 12 years.

In some parts of Texas, it's 85. Which is cool. Because then my normal speeds are closer to the limit, which minimizes the fines.
One of the things I've learned is that if you're outside Colorado and get a moving violation, it's just a fine. No points on your license, and no hit on your insurance rates. As long as you pay the fine. If not, Colorado will suspend your license. I don't know if this is true in other states, but it's true in Colorado, and since that's where my license is from it's all I really care about. Another reason I enjoy road trips. :)

hmm...finally reason to visit Texas :D

hmm...finally reason to visit Texas :D

I think that is why Davey Crocket said....
quote-you-may-all-go-to-hell-and-i-will-go-to-texas-davy-crockett-44401.jpg

And based on the outcome of Davy Crockett's trip to Texas for Davy..... now I am not so sure I have a reason to go to Texas anymore

Remember the Alamo.....I’m more of a Hertz or Enterprise guy myself though.....but to each their own.

So stay at 199.9...

Where's the fun in that?

or put a cage in.

See, that's the problem. This is my daily (when the weather is nice...) driver. So a full cage is out of the question. I'd do an 8-point roll bar like this:
Roll-Bar-2.jpg

but not a full cage. Not in a car with a removable roof. Because fugly! And an 8-point bar isn't acceptable if I break 200MPH. It's also not acceptable at the 1/4 mile track, if I go 9.99 or 135MPH. I don't have the traction to break into the 9's (I still want to go around corners...). But I've already hit 138 in the 1/4.
I'll end up getting kicked out if I break 200 MPH in the mile race. I'm not holding my breath, though. I think I'll probably be just under 200 MPH with the current build.

Do you want a cage like the one I use? We've got both half and full cages... not sure how well they'd fit in a Vette, but I suppose the vendor might work with you... Probably couldn't be any worse squeezing a prisoner into the back of a Vette than one of the Police Interceptor (it's not a Taurus!! Ford says so, and Ford never fibs...)...

Probably easier. It's a hatchback, so pop that open and toss them in. Just have to make them curl up in a ball before you can close the hatch.

Probably easier. It's a hatchback, so pop that open and toss them in. Just have to make them curl up in a ball before you can close the hatch.

I like that idea... maybe I need to suggest to the chief that we do a hardtop conversion on our "not a Taurus" Interceptors...

I like that idea... maybe I need to suggest to the chief that we do a hardtop conversion on our "not a Taurus" Interceptors...

I am actually perversely entertained by the notion of a Taurus Interceptor. They're just so... slow...

Now this... THIS is a Police Interceptor.

000-13-640x427-c.jpg

Seriously, lighting up a Taurus behind me is just begging me to run. It should count as entrapment.

your assessment reminds me of Foxworthy's take on the Olympics in Atlanta...the rednecks in the parking lot, waiting for the doves to be released! :D
I am also thinking about that episode of Family Guy, where Charlton Heston picked the neighborhood parade theme by shooting one of the pigeons.

I am actually perversely entertained by the notion of a Taurus Interceptor. They're just so... slow...

Now this... THIS is a Police Interceptor.

000-13-640x427-c.jpg

Seriously, lighting up a Taurus behind me is just begging me to run. It should count as entrapment.
But it's not a Taurus... Ford says so!!

We used to have a Camaro that was marked; I'll try to find a picture of it. It was a seized vehicle and DARE promotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back