Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
With WordPress, you're not limited to their hosting. A lot of people choose to put their blogs on WordPress.org, but the actual WordPress CMS (as with Joomla and Drupal) can be hosted nearly anywhere. There are plugins for most of the other things you need (some free, some paid), and folks on Fiverr and Gigbucks who will do the setup work for you for a few dollars. There's definitely an investment of time learning to use it - no doubt of that - but once you know it, you can take your site to any hosting provider you like, and it will work pretty much the same anywhere. It can be easier to learn one of the dedicated sitebuilder programs, but you end up having to learn another one if you change providers - and you end up having to rebuild your site.

I was with a different host before SBI, but then someone else who hosts a fairly popular site turned me on to them. As for Fiverr, that is always a crap shoot because even if you hire the highest rated person on there, you could still get bad work.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
there was something i was going to write in the thread ,,,,,,but now i forgot what it was.
maybe if i walk back to where i was before it will come to me.
Context dependent memory is a real thing. Of course, state dependent memory is a real thing, too. Maybe you were drunk when you thought of what you were going to write... and if so, should get drunk again. :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Talk about an explosion of ideas!

A few months ago, I was struggling to create a 6-hour Wing Chun course. I thought of and wrote up the outlines, and I wasn't sure that what I had would last the entire running time. Now that I have gone through it, I see where I could create a TWENTY hour class (10 sessions at 2 hours each). I doubt they would let me run a class that long, but hey...you never know unless you ask.

Plus some people were asking for an "intermediate" level course. I could see if they would let me split it into 2 different levels, 5 sessions each, or something to that effect. Maybe whittle it down to 9 sessions, then have beginner, intermediate, AND advanced.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just back from a two week vacation. Tired. Had a lot of fun, though.
Came home to an island wide power failure due to a big storm. Got lights back, and internet. But no tv.
Hope everyone is well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just back from a two week vacation. Tired. Had a lot of fun, though.
Came home to an island wide power failure due to a big storm. Got lights back, and internet. But no tv.
Hope everyone is well.

Glad you're back safe, sorry about the power failure...but I'm confused....I can't quite figure out how you go on vacation....from Hawaii

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad you're back safe, sorry about the power failure...but I'm confused....I can't quite figure out how you go on vacation....from Hawaii

You have to take one of them there areo-planes. :)

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
yes you have to take a break from Hawaii once in a while,, to much sun and warm days, nice waves, girls in bikini's. life must be so horrible there, no wonder you had to get away.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i remember now what i think i was going to say....
its been almost 2 months since Bill posted the "chicken Attack" thread. it is still on a constant loop in my brain. is this dangerous? should i see a doctor?

My New Art - Chicken Attack

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I dont know if you need help. But just in case there is no way I'm clicking on that link!!!:)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that part....but virtually everyone goes on vacation TO Hawaii......I figured once you were there...it was a permanent vacation

It's only a vacation when you don't live here. Otherwise, it's just like everywhere else - work, play, live, train, yada yada.

Put on nine pounds. Everyone cooked for me or took us to dinner. I had lobster five different times in two weeks. And THEN my buddy brought six pounds of lobster salad from Maine. One day I had lobster rolls six times in one day. But, hey, whatta' you gonna' do? Can't very well insult a friend.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
MICROSOFT!!!!!! slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to it, I smashed it, I hit him, I bonked it, I bopped him, I socked it and I mashed its face and I knocked it down.... and a boot to the head for Dell too

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to the open mic night and played three songs. According to my own standards, I didn't do that great. However, compared to those before and after, I was pretty damn good. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions