LA Area Tournament

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone going the the Master Jimmy Kim Invatational this coming September the 26th?

Pretty big event that he throws. We will be there. Good tournament to take first timers as it will have top blackbelts as well as a good mix for the not so experienced to get their feet wet. More info at the link that follows.
http://www.thejki.com/

Charlotte Craig comes out of Master Kim's Dojang. Charlotte Craig was the 2008 Olympic Bronze medalist female fly weight. http://usa-taekwondo.us/athlete/athlete/1188 She will be fighting.

He even live streams the event. Here is some of last years event.
http://www.ibnsports.com/jki.aspx

Here is a USAT write up on last years event.
http://usa-taekwondo.us/news/article/6917

Should be even better this year. I hear every year it just keeps getting better and better. Hope to see some of you there.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We will be there this year so I will look for you OK. I missed last year due to funds but had this in the mix this year.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We will be there this year, as we have for the past 5 or 6.

PS, Charley did not medal at last year's Olympics as she lost her 2nd fight.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
PS, Charley did not medal at last year's Olympics as she lost her 2nd fight.
Yep you are correct. I was thinking of the 07 Pan AM games as I was typing the Olympic games. My bad. But she did take Gold at the 08 Pan Am games. That is what happends when you get old.
icon10.gif

Hope to see many of you there.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I reffed for JKI a couple years ago. Wasn't too fond of the thirteen hour shift and the twenty minute lunch...
I met the master Kims and was impressed by their attitudes.

^~^

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I reffed for JKI a couple years ago. Wasn't too fond of the thirteen hour shift and the twenty minute lunch...
I met the master Kims and was impressed by their attitudes.

^~^
You were impressed or not? Master Kim is a really nice guy if you get to know him.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This will be our 6th year...Always a great tournament...From a competition level as good as nationals in my kids division...we even got some international competition teams from Mexico....a very good event...done by a great gentleman...I would fly to this one

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This will be our 6th year...Always a great tournament...From a competition level as good as nationals in my kids division...we even got some international competition teams from Mexico....a very good event...done by a great gentleman...I would fly to this one
Great. Look for us, you won't be able to miss us. We will all have on dark blue jackets lined in red with ATC in gold on the back.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great. Look for us, you won't be able to miss us. We will all have on dark blue jackets lined in red with ATC in gold on the back.

What age groups do your Kids compete? My Daughter 14-17BB son 12-13 BB

I will say Hi

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
What age groups do your Kids compete? My Daughter 14-17BB son 12-13 BB

I will say Hi
My daughter 12-13 BB
My son 10-11 BB

We have a few others what will be there as well. I think we are taking 14 competitors.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This looks like an interesting event. I think I'll stop by and check it out. It just seems like yesterday when Jimmy Kim was the pride of Orange County representing us in the Olympics.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a belt test for my students on that day. Otherwise, I'd consider it.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Early registration will be ending soon http://www.thejki.com/XX/. Hope to see some of you there. Tournaments get me amped up even if I am not competing.

I know we have been killing our kids that are competing. Many of them cried yesterday from the training. It will ease up soon as they need to recover by match date.

BP714

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good luck to your kids and have a safe trip down here.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I heard a rumor, from a person that I consider a trusted source, that they have ditched the idea of BB's using e-hogu's for the JKI.

Latest Discussions