Kung fu does not contain punches !?

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This is a very important insight, because the technique of shock fist and punching different!

You wonder why kung fu, with "punched" definitely need a push on the back foot? But in boxing does not need a push on the back foot!

Yes! You probably guessed it - because in kung fu, no punches, and quick thrusts his fist! :)

Due to the fact that many do not understand this and try to carry it punches, get a wrong technique of attack and defense

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Anyan.

I take it English is not your native language. Unfortunately there seem to be some translation issues with whatever you are trying to say.

Just to be clear...

Kung Fu does contain punches.
Boxing punches do involve pushing off of the rear foot.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At face value, your statements make no sense. Kung fu refers to many different Chinese martial arts systems. Within these systems are a myriad of punching techniques using a great variety of power-generating methods.

Like Tony, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the problem here has roots in the difficulty of translation between Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and English.

BTW, nice cat.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi Anyan.

I take it English is not your native language. Unfortunately there seem to be some translation issues with whatever you are trying to say.

Just to be clear...

Boxing punches do involve pushing off of the rear foot.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH but in my country have not peaple)))))

Kung Fu does contain punches only 2 types: Fast, biting, circular punch and long arm movement (like in style pigua chuan)

Else once: If you do not understand that it pushes (and you are like the majority do not understand, I see), then you're doing it wrong !!!

I have shown in the video technique does not necessarily listen, but you can see - everything will be clear.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
At face value, your statements make no sense. Kung fu refers to many different Chinese martial arts systems. Within these systems are a myriad of punching techniques using a great variety of power-generating methods.

Like Tony, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the problem here has roots in the difficulty of translation between Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and English.

BTW, nice cat.
ha ha ha

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
For the record, here...this is a partial list of what you are saying, when you say "Kung Fu"

Bafaquan
Baguazhang
Bajiquan
Bak Mei
Black Tiger Kung Fu
Chaquan
Changquan
Chuo Jiao
Choy Gar
Choy Li Fut
Dachengquan
Ditangquan
Do Pi
Lung Ying
Duan Quan
Emeiquan
Fanziquan
Five Ancestors
Five Animals
Fujian White Crane
Fu Jow Pai
Fut Gar
Gouquan
Hakka Kuen
Hong Cha
Hop Gar
Houquan
Drunken Monkey
Heihuquan:
Huaquan
Hung Fut
Hung Gar
Jing Wu Men
Jing Quan Do
Jow-Ga
Kuntao
Lau Gar
Lai Tung Pai
Lama Pai
Leopard Kung Fu
Li Gar
Liuhebafa Chuan
Luohan Quan
Mei Hua Quan
Mian Quan
Mizongyi
Mok Gar
Nam Pai Chuan
Nan Quan
Ng Mui Pai
Northern Praying Mantis
Northern Shaolin
Pai Long
Paochui
Piguaquan
Praying Mantis(??) - Free Fighting
Sanda/Sanshou
Shaolin Quan
Shequan
Shuaijiao
Southern Praying Mantis
Chow Gar
Taijiquan
Tantui
Tibetan White Crane
Tien Shan Pai
Tongbeiquan
White Crane:
Wing Chun
Wudangquan
Xingyiquan
Yau Kung Mun
Yingzhaoquan
Yuejiaquan
Yiquan
Zi Ran Men

All have punches and pretty much any type of punch you can think of is in the list

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A simple example: if you know how to disassemble the items and see a movie about a girl Wing Chun, then you understand why it is how it breaks down flying at her pots of water)))
If you know why this show, you do not know))

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
For the record, here...this is a partial list of what you are saying, when you say "Kung Fu"

All have punches and pretty much any type of punch you can think of is in the list
yes no punches this damn .........PUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Chinese kung fu specifically! is working with weapons, but without weapons! Therefore, there is no punches! The Chinese have always fought only with weapons before!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A simple example: if you know how to disassemble the items and see a movie about a girl Wing Chun, then you understand why it is how it breaks down flying at her pots of water)))
If you know why this show, you do not know))

hmm...you are basing your "extensive research" on a movie....ah yeah

Chinese kung fu specifically! is working with weapons, but without weapons! Therefore, there is no punches! The Chinese have always fought only with weapons before!

You know nothing about Chinese martial arts or the history of Chinese martial arts..... that is obvious

yes no punches this damn .........PUSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So, your a clueless troll then...nice talkin to ya

Прощай

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll take a swing at this:

I'm assuming the OP is talking about the delivery of power into a punch. I demonstrated this just yesterday with a student. I showed the difference between punching and "driving force" which comes from the legs. My general explanation is that punches will collapse a person and driving force will push a person. I used Bruce Lee's example of the one inch punch and how it always seemed to knock people backwards. A punch has different effect on the body. The force from a punch "collapses" a person which is why you don't see people who get knocked out from a punch to the head or a punch to the body fly across the ring.

Kung Fu uses a lot of "Driving Force" techniques. If the student tries the techniques without driving force then the strike will be weak. Palm strikes are a good example of an easy technique that uses "driving force." People who are not able to connect the driving force will have weak strikes and are most likely at risk for hurting themselves because they are trying to drive the power of the strike solely with the arms.

The only reason I think the OP may mean this is because I think back on seeing students who haven't learned to connect their power and how weak their strikes are. When I work with them, I'm always telling them to stop trying to hit hard and focus more on connecting power and driving power. It's not about the punch it's about connecting the energy generated by body movement.

I think this is also why we see a lot of weak wing chun punches in youtube videos from people who are only getting power from the arms.

But then again I could be wrong about the interpretation of the video.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
...looking for a bunny with a pancake...

0f8cb61e8eb97af463a86a815dd6bc88.jpg

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'll take a swing at this:

I'm assuming the OP is talking about the delivery of power into a punch. I demonstrated this just yesterday with a student. I showed the difference between punching and "driving force" which comes from the legs. My general explanation is that punches will collapse a person and driving force will push a person. I used Bruce Lee's example of the one inch punch and how it always seemed to knock people backwards. A punch has different effect on the body. The force from a punch "collapses" a person which is why you don't see people who get knocked out from a punch to the head or a punch to the body fly across the ring.

Kung Fu uses a lot of "Driving Force" techniques. If the student tries the techniques without driving force then the strike will be weak. Palm strikes are a good example of an easy technique that uses "driving force." People who are not able to connect the driving force will have weak strikes and are most likely at risk for hurting themselves because they are trying to drive the power of the strike solely with the arms.

The only reason I think the OP may mean this is because I think back on seeing students who haven't learned to connect their power and how weak their strikes are. When I work with them, I'm always telling them to stop trying to hit hard and focus more on connecting power and driving power. It's not about the punch it's about connecting the energy generated by body movement.

I think this is also why we see a lot of weak wing chun punches in youtube videos from people who are only getting power from the arms.

But then again I could be wrong about the interpretation of the video.

Ou! glad that else once understanding me! ))) Many thanks!!

Latest Discussions