Kung fu does not contain punches !?

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
All people are very clever, everyone knows everything, but ............ many of you were fighting in the street? many took part in the battles with the risk of their lives?

If not, then you just goof with my IMHO, who actually knows nothing about martial arts.

Bagh

White Belt
Reaction score
Power generation is way too difficult to explain in words, or even words and video, for me to attempt. The best I can do is a really simplified generalization derived from something posted here on MT a few years back by Alan Orr. That is that punching with the whole body involves either dropping, rising, turning or pressing-forward and then conducting the energy efficiently forward through the fist and into the target without bleeding off force..
Yes, it is hard to explain in words, but often near impossible to catch by watching without explanations.
It is excellent that such great guys as Alan Orr try to interpretate the ancient knowledge in terms comprehensible for us, westerners.
I once heard about the concept of "Fau Chum Tun Tou", but didn`t find relevant information.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
all a matter of methods of energy generation. in kung fu is to work with the energy of chi in boxing is to work with the force of inertia - hence the difference in technology, training methods, etc.
If you try to perform kungfu techniques without understanding that there is qi, you get nonsense

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
all a matter of methods of energy generation. in kung fu is to work with the energy of chi in boxing is to work with the force of inertia - hence the difference in technology, training methods, etc.
If you try to perform kungfu techniques without understanding that there is qi, you get nonsense

Thank god you are here to teach all of us.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You wonder why kung fu, with "punched" definitely need a push on the back foot? But in boxing does not need a push on the back foot!
As far as I know (and I am more boxing than "kung fu"), boxing doesn't need so much the back foot because the movement of the body is mainly circular, while in "kung fu" it is mainly linear...

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Clip like this may make people to think that CMA doesn't have punch. I truly don't understand why some CMA spend so much time in "pushing".

what is CMA???????

Its good clip, which demonstrated REAL technique of kunf fu!! Its Bagua style, but at any other styles kung fu, karate, muai tai, principes absolutely the same

Box absolutely other technique and very effective, becose at modern muai tai, taekwondo, sanda etc. we can see boxing technique and principes

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As far as I know (and I am more boxing than "kung fu"), boxing doesn't need so much the back foot because the movement of the body is mainly circular, while in "kung fu" it is mainly linear...
Depends on the system of kung fu. Hung Gar is very circular.

OP
A

Anyan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
CMA = Chinese martial art, or people may call it Kung Fu.
Thank you!

In the next video I'll show you why Wushu fighters losing boxers and how to protect themselves against sudden and powerful boxing punches.

I think it will be interesting;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
n the next video I'll show you why Wushu fighters losing boxers

I would say if they are losing their boxers to buy a size smaller or go for Y fronts/briefs.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Depends on the system of kung fu. Hung Gar is very circular.
This is way I used "kung fu". It have so much meanings that is almost meaningless. This term can be applied to any art, right? Anyway don't trust me when I speak about "kung fu"... :)

Latest Discussions