Andr

White Belt
Reaction score
Search out in Youtube a video about Russian Krav Maga. It looks beyond belief.

And I have a question, of course.
Does it work and exist in reality or Krav Maga is applicable only for videos?

Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Krav Maga is Israeli not Russian. Its also much like any other art out there. Some schools and instructors are good, some not so much. I can't tell you anything about the Krav school near you, based on a video of someone else on youtube. The best thing you can do is go try it out and try out some of the other available schools.

This video reminded me of the old Gracie ad of the guy on the beach getting beat up and losing the girl, then he trains BJJ and beats the guy to get his girl back...

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Krav Maga is Israeli not Russian. Its also much like any other art out there. Some schools and instructors are good, some not so much. I can't tell you anything about the Krav school near you, based on a video of someone else on youtube. The best thing you can do is go try it out and try out some of the other available schools.

This video reminded me of the old Gracie ad of the guy on the beach getting beat up and losing the girl, then he trains BJJ and beats the guy to get his girl back...

IIRC when I first saw that it was on something, maybe matchbooks, and the weak guy got sand kicked in his face and lost his girl until he trained bodybuilding with equipment from the advertiser, then got his girl back. It was terrific equipment I guess because it only took a couple or three frames for him to have a Mr. Universe body.. :)

Ah, the memories

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!
Best way to find out. Go and try it

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This isn't Russian Krav Maga, It's Krav Maga Global in Russia. It's like me saying that I learn American Taekwondo because I study Taekwondo in the U.S. The video is Eyal Yanilov's Krav organization. It's good stuff.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This isn't Russian Krav Maga, It's Krav Maga Global in Russia. It's like me saying that I learn American Taekwondo because I study Taekwondo in the U.S. The video is Eyal Yanilov's Krav organization. It's good stuff.
Yep the system is good but the video does it no favours. It's poorly put together with bad editing and cuts during the moves

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thing you'll find with Krav Maga as well is it doesn't look good on video. That's because it's not about looking good. A Krav Maga person isn't going to look pretty hitting pads but that's not what they're trying to do. They're looking to just do enough to escape. Another one of the main things is the mindset, it teaches you to have that aggressive mindset in a fight it gets you to a stage where your exhausted and have to do the techniques to simulate how you'll feel.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the description of yourself. Now what's your opinion on the video?

Read my post again real slowly so you can understand it. Once you do, you'll be able to answer your own question.

Try not to hurt yourself in the process. :)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Read my post again real slowly so you can understand it. Once you do, you'll be able to answer your own question.

Try not to hurt yourself in the process. :)
Relax buddy it's a joke.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

No its not its british, developed in the east end of london, before israel even existed, .

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yep the system is good but the video does it no favours. It's poorly put together with bad editing and cuts during the moves

I noticed that when I saw the baseball bat defense. I'm guessing that KMG didn't make the video, but rather a training group of KMG.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I noticed that when I saw the baseball bat defense. I'm guessing that KMG didn't make the video, but rather a training group of KMG.
Nah kmg have their own channel. that t shirt is just standard uniform anyone can buy. For all we know this could be a guy with a few weeks training or just bought himself a t shirt

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also I don't know all those techniques but the ones I did recognise looked poorly done or just not shown. E.g the oriental stab attack where you use a downward inside defence that was literally completely cut out. Also what's up with those close ups of the guy on the ground while the other guys fighting in the distance

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Help me out, please!

Do you ever see krav maga applied outside of a demo?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes worked with a guy when I was a bouncer who did Krav Maga and he used it effectively all the time and that was his only training

Well there you go. A guy who knows a guy uses it effectively.

Latest Discussions