Kosutemi Seieikan - Argument And Dissension

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
==============================================
MOD WARNING:

Please keep the discussion on topic, and at a courteous level. Feel free to use the ignore feature. Remember that sniping and personal insults will not be tolerated.

-Dan Bowman-
-MT Senior Moderator-
==============================================

OP
G

Gene Williams

Green Belt
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
your MO is crystal clear gene........its the second time you have mentioned the link to the MACS page.
it doesnt hurt my feelings in the least.
but the fact remains that you do not exhibit the qualities that make someone the real deal.
you seem to be more interested in showing people how negative and closed your mind is to the possibility that anything other than traditional is worth a crap.
i would wager that a good many people see your ego, even if you dont.
if being good means being a good jerk.....keep it up, sensei

So, what is my MO, as you like to put it? Questioning BS mutual rank societies? Raising legitimate critical questions about homemade karate wannabees? Apparently, anyone who doesn't want to play "let's make up a karate style" is "close minded and a jerk. I'll wager, and I could be wrong (and if I see evidence that I'm wrong I'll be the first to apologize), that in any traditional Okinawan karate dojo you'd look about like a green belt.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gene Williams said:
So, what is my MO, as you like to put it? Questioning BS mutual rank societies? Raising legitimate critical questions about homemade karate wannabees? Apparently, anyone who doesn't want to play "let's make up a karate style" is "close minded and a jerk. I'll wager, and I could be wrong (and if I see evidence that I'm wrong I'll be the first to apologize), that in any traditional Okinawan karate dojo you'd look about like a green belt.

maybe you should make a new thread, gene.
it seems like you're still under the impression that this forum is used as your personal bashing site.
real mature, sensei.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am going of subject for a minute.
Every one who develops a new style/system changes it a little using the information they have learned from some previous training. They may combine techniques from various training , they may add techniques that where not in the systems previously studied, the may change karta(forms) a little because they wish to emphasis feet not hands or low stance vs. high, etc.
the Okinawan forms and stances are not exactly what theChinesee did and theJapanesee andKoreann forms are slightly different than the Okinawan. Each was based on something else but different in ways because of the understanding of the form by the person teaching it or because the person wanted to emphasis some thing different.

now no where in the original post of this thread do I see any reference to
sokeship councils or to the discussion of such or their validity. so that being said

Mod Warring
Keep to the subject

Sheldon Bedell
mt mod

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
now no where in the original post of this thread do I see any reference to sokeship councils or to the discussion of such or their validity. so that being said

Mod Warring
Keep to the subject

Sheldon Bedell
mt mod

Thank you.