Koms

Dana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know the program was in the works, but the Kukkiwon is issuing a "Certificate of Kukkiwon Overseas Member" and appointing member Do-jangs. Now all those folks for years that have been claiming they are a "Kukkiwon certified school" can actually tell the truth.

D

PS: Sorry, I saw that "Archtkd" already posted this under a different thread.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I thinks its great! I was in Korea last year for the launch party, one of only ten for the U.S.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not interested, i'll wait and see. I went to KKW for the Overseas Instructors course in 2009 and for what I have seen here, other such courses held in the US pail in comparison.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
any updates?

The number of people who oppose President Kang and want him to resign is growing, mainly because he is taking advice from the wrong people. His position is somewhat similar to Mr. David Askinas at USAT.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The number of people who oppose President Kang and want him to resign is growing, mainly because he is taking advice from the wrong people. His position is somewhat similar to Mr. David Askinas at USAT.

S*** ... we're screwed.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
really don't understand what the problem is with Mr. Askinas, could you please let me know....
Do you not keep up with what USAT has been doing under his leadership?

I'm curious. You said you went over to KKW in 2009 for the IC. What courses have you been to in USA that have pailed in comparison and why?

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Not interested, i'll wait and see. I went to KKW for the Overseas Instructors course in 2009 and for what I have seen here, other such courses held in the US pail in comparison.

I don't think you understood my comment, I was referring to posts made here about other Master instructor seminars!

as far as business and how to run a school seminars, none ( I already know how) But as for Poomsae and technical seminars:

USAT Poomsae- Florida 2009
Kukkiwon Poomsae_ Las Vages 2009
PATU Poomsae- Las Vages 2010
GrandMasters Society Poomsae - Dallas 2010
Keimyung University (GM LEE) Korea 2010

You?

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think the thread I was referring to is " Your Awesome".

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think you understood my comment, I was referring to posts made here about other Master instructor seminars!

as far as business and how to run a school seminars, none ( I already know how) But as for Poomsae and technical seminars:

You?

Well since you attended some USAT events you should know all the problems with Davie boy. If you decide he is doing everything by the book then you are in his boat or group. I do not know you but then again maybe I do just not by your name here. Do you remember the mess it was in Vegas?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Poomsaeguy I see you are on the National Team for poomsae, so let me ask you this why is it America ia so far behind in teaching instructor over here. I know I have someone coming to my school to help and she is up to date with everything. She will be doing a all day seminar later this month to help get some athletes ready for sport poomsae for National. I believe the USAT does not do enough education for its members and Davie knows this thisis what he wants so he can keep certain people out of the loop.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Poomsaeguy I see you are on the National Team for poomsae, so let me ask you this why is it America ia so far behind in teaching instructor over here. I know I have someone coming to my school to help and she is up to date with everything. She will be doing a all day seminar later this month to help get some athletes ready for sport poomsae for National. I believe the USAT does not do enough education for its members and Davie knows this thisis what he wants so he can keep certain people out of the loop.

Tell Thu I said hello!

And no I'm not in anyones boat. Things are picking up as far as poomsae, But I didn't wait around for things to happen, I took it upon myself to keep up to date. The real problem is people don't want to change! At least that is what I have seen.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
All listed on the USAT site:

The Explanation of Taekwondo Poomsae" (book) by Ikpil Kang & Namjung Song
"WTF Standard Taekwondo Poomsae" (5-DVD set) by Lee Kyu Hyun & Jung Kook Hyun
Taekwondo (new Kukkiwon Poomsae)" by Lee Kyu-Hyung, Hwang In-Sik, Kang Ik-Pil, Lee Chong-Kwon, Lee Choon-Woo, & Park Jeong-Beom (6-DVD set)
Sport Poomsae Training Videos
WTF Poomsae Competition Rules
USAT Poomsae Athletes' Reference Guide (revised April 2011)

More then I could find out if I wanted to train in Sparring!

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thinks its great! I was in Korea last year for the launch party, one of only ten for the U.S.
First Welcome to MT. I looked at your profile and you've stated you are also on the Poomsae national team. I thinks that's more than enough cred to tell us who you really are, at least in your profile.

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
First Welcome to MT. I looked at your profile and you've stated you are also on the Poomsae national team. I thinks that's more than enough cred to tell us who you really are, at least in your profile.

Its there!

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Maybe I did misunderstand. You mentioned Master Instructor Course so I was wondering if you attended the USTC FIC in 2009 or 2010 or the USAT that they did in Vegas.

You?
For poomsase seminars? None. Then again, I'm not saying what is offered in one place is better than somewhere else. I was just asking how you are arriving at your POV. I have stated a couple of times that if someone has the money to do the FIC in Korea then they should. However if you don't, what was being offered by the USTC would be the next best thing.

Latest Discussions