KISS king pin supports Israel

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Gene Simmons is an interesting guy, even though I never liked KISS. Here is an article where he defends Israel and insults the entertainers who are boycotting Israel.

http://bigpeace.com/stzu/2011/03/24/gene-simmons-of-kiss-im-an-israeli-blasts-israeli-boycotters/

From Gene Simmons:

“I’m Israeli. I’m a stranger in America. I’m an outsider,” he said, speaking in a hotel lobby across a valley from the walls of Jerusalem’s historic Old City. “I was born here and I’m proud of it.”

“The countries they should be boycotting are the same countries that the populations are rebelling,” he said. “People long to be free … And they sure as hell don’t want somebody who’s a ruler who hasn’t been elected by them.”

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Gene Simmons is an interesting guy, even though I never liked KISS. Here is an article where he defends Israel and insults the entertainers who are boycotting Israel.

http://bigpeace.com/stzu/2011/03/24/gene-simmons-of-kiss-im-an-israeli-blasts-israeli-boycotters/

From Gene Simmons:

“I’m Israeli. I’m a stranger in America. I’m an outsider,” he said, speaking in a hotel lobby across a valley from the walls of Jerusalem’s historic Old City. “I was born here and I’m proud of it.”

“The countries they should be boycotting are the same countries that the populations are rebelling,” he said. “People long to be free … And they sure as hell don’t want somebody who’s a ruler who hasn’t been elected by them.”
Doesn't it go without saying that Gene Simmons is a Zionist? (pardon my French)
Sean

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
"I’m Israeli. I’m a stranger in America. I’m an outsider,” he said, speaking in a hotel lobby across a valley from the walls of Jerusalem’s historic Old City. “I was born here and I’m proud of it.”

If he was spouting a different set of politics or came from a different country (i.e. if he was Hispanic), you would be blasting him for disloyalty to the US. He's lived here since he was 8 years old, after all.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If he was spouting a different set of politics or came from a different country (i.e. if he was Hispanic), you would be blasting him for disloyalty to the US. He's lived here since he was 8 years old, after all.

umm what?
the difference as I see it is he is not trashing America, he is trashing Ignorant Music fools who think they know whats going on an are trying to make a political statement.
Disloyalty to the US? for what? questioning music or hollywoods stupid politics? hahaha
the difference is quite drastic... I have never heard him do anything but support and back our country.. the Hispanics you refer to would be the ones that are trying to take "back" Aztlan? or any number of things that basically damage our country..
not even a good try..
Pathetic Empty Hands I guess your getting desperate.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have never heard him do anything but support and back our country.. the Hispanics you refer to would be the ones that are trying to take "back" Aztlan?

Some on this site make no such distinctions. Claiming not to be American, waving a Mexican flag, criticizing the US, or something similar is quite enough.

Pointing out obvious double standards now counts as "desperation"?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
it isnt a double standard, nothing like it as was demonstrated quite well

and your jibes are in fact, getting desperate

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And we worry about what an aging rockstar has to say exactly why?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
it isnt a double standard, nothing like it as was demonstrated quite well

and your jibes are in fact, getting desperate

Where was this demonstrated? Must have missed it.

You know, my memory works perfectly fine. I remember plenty of posts and threads criticizing Hispanic immigrants for waving Mexican flags. Plenty of posts about how once you immigrate, you are just "American", and nothing else. Plenty of posts criticizing any and all nationalism from Hispanic immigrants. Yet Simmons says he is not an American, a "stranger" in this land, after living here for more than 50 years, since he was 8 years old, and that's perfectly cool.

You can't tell me his birth country and targets of criticism have nothing to do with that. I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
While we are on the American or not Rant? I testified in support of a JROTC program that was to be cut with out school board funding about $150,000 per year for 50 kids and that was mostly to pay the one person who ran it. One of my TKD families was present managers of the radio station and a some what big wig in the community his three kids I had taken from special needs to physically competing at state level in several sports.

I later made the comment to him our TKD program has been free for almost two decades and requires no school or city funding and he says Yeh but thats not American??

Ok what is American every ethic person you can concieve of made up this country. How many practice TKD in the US run by Americans. You will not be surprised I no longer teach any of them.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
While we are on the American or not Rant? I testified in support of a JROTC program that was to be cut with out school board funding about $150,000 per year for 50 kids and that was mostly to pay the one person who ran it. One of my TKD families was present managers of the radio station and a some what big wig in the community his three kids I had taken from special needs to physically competing at state level in several sports.

I later made the comment to him our TKD program has been free for almost two decades and requires no school or city funding and he says Yeh but thats not American??

Ok what is American every ethic person you can concieve of made up this country. How many practice TKD in the US run by Americans. You will not be surprised I no longer teach any of them.

ummmm so?

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
umm what?
the difference as I see it is he is not trashing America, he is trashing Ignorant Music fools who think they know whats going on an are trying to make a political statement.
Disloyalty to the US? for what? questioning music or hollywoods stupid politics? hahaha
the difference is quite drastic... I have never heard him do anything but support and back our country.. the Hispanics you refer to would be the ones that are trying to take "back" Aztlan? or any number of things that basically damage our country..
not even a good try..

And the reason they are "Ignorant Music fools" and he isn't...????

Oh, because he agrees with you, even though he has no more qualifications to speak on foreign policy / affairs then then any other musician....

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And the reason they are "Ignorant Music fools" and he isn't...????

Oh, because he agrees with you, even though he has no more qualifications to speak on foreign policy / affairs then then any other musician....

oh im sure he has things he is ignorant about, but he has a vested interest in the region since he was...you know born there.../shrug
I dont know of any musicians who are pro palestinian who are actually Palistinian, from there, married to someone from there, been there...... so ya..

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
oh im sure he has things he is ignorant about, but he has a vested interest in the region since he was...you know born there.../shrug
I dont know of any musicians who are pro palestinian who are actually Palistinian, from there, married to someone from there, been there...... so ya..

All that shows is that he's biased because he's from there of Jewish, which says nothing to his knowledge of the Israeli / Palestinian conflict.

That would be like saying every U.S. citizen could tell you the true nature of the origins and development of the U.S. Revolutionary war just because they were born here (whether they still live here or moved away at 8 years old). And we know that is not true. But I could tell you that 999.999% of Americans probably side with the revolutionaries.

In other words, he could be just as ignorant as the ones you are calling "Ignorant Musician fools."

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All that shows is that he's biased because he's from there of Jewish, which says nothing to his knowledge of the Israeli / Palestinian conflict.

That would be like saying every U.S. citizen could tell you the true nature of the origins and development of the U.S. Revolutionary war just because they were born here (whether they still live here or moved away at 8 years old). And we know that is not true. But I could tell you that 999.999% of Americans probably side with the revolutionaries.

In other words, he could be just as ignorant as the ones you are calling "Ignorant Musician fools."
I dont deny that, but at least he has a vested interest in the deal.
I listen to these clowns in the music and movie business and they are primarily just blowing with the wind... oh this is feel good ill promote this.....I have seen interviews with them and its always the same some pompous jackass getting up and saying a bunch of nonsense that they have no idea what they are talking about, in an area that they have no clue about, most likely couldnt point it out on a map, and expect to be taken seriously... I recommend they stick to music

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have seen interviews with them and its always the same some pompous jackass getting up and saying a bunch of nonsense that they have no idea what they are talking about, in an area that they have no clue about, most likely couldnt point it out on a map, and expect to be taken seriously... I recommend they stick to music

That goes for your average voter as much as it goes for any musician/actor/whatever you could care to name. They have the same right to speak their mind as anyone else. The only difference is that a big chunk of the nation is actually interested in what they have to say.

Latest Discussions